TO CLASSICAL JEWISH RECONSTRUCTIONISTS
A group of Radical Leftists has taken over the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and the Jewish Reconstructionist Federation. They have little understanding of Mordecai Kaplan and the purpose of Reconstructionist Judaism: to harmonize Jewish Civilization with American Civilization.
Instead, they are blatantly anti-American!
As a review, here are the basic principles of Classical Reconstructionist Judaism:
1. We believe that Judaism is the evolving religious civilization of the Jewish people. We continue to advance in our search for spirituality and meaning, and we continue to create new ways of celebrating and sanctifying human life. We want Judaism to find rich, manifold, and ever new expression in philosophy, in letters, and in the arts and sciences.
2. We believe that the primary source of Jewish identity comes not out of a system of rigid rules and beliefs, but rather from the experience of belonging to the Jewish people and various Jewish organizations. We respect both personal autonomy and organizational decision-making. We want all forms of Jewish organization to make for spiritual purpose and ethical endeavor.
3. We reject both supernaturalism and atheism. We believe that God is the Transnatural, rather than supernatural, source of our ethical code; the best in us is the unit of God within us–thus God acts through us, not upon us, for good. We reject beliefs in heaven and hell, bodily resurrection, a personal messiah, and “reward and punishment”; and we don’t pray for or want the resumption of animal sacrifices in a rebuilt Temple.
4. We reject the belief that Jews are the “chosen” people and that non-Jews are not. Rather, we distinguish between ethical humans (Jews and others) and those who are not (e.g., criminals and terrorists). All ethical individuals have a share in the world to come.
5. We want Judaism to function as a potent influence for universal freedom, justice, and peace. Our task is to leave the world a better place for having lived here.
6. We are firmly committed to the building of the State of Israel and the establishment of a just, humane, and prosperous Jewish society there. From its inception, Reconstructionism has been a Zionist movement.
Also, as a review, here are the basic principles of American Civilization:
1. The ideal government is a strictly limited constitutional republic.
2. The ideal economic system is strict laissez-faire capitalism.
3. The ideal social system is a strict meritocracy.
Therefore, real Americans advocate individual liberty (both civil and economic), self-responsibility, free enterprise, limited government, and a strong defense. The collectivists of all parties (Democrats, Socialists, Communists, Fascists, and Islamists) are opposed to these principles and seek to use political force to achieve their statist aims. The results of collectivism are, of course, tyranny, national bankruptcy, and financial ruin.
Americans are a generous people, so if an individual is is in deep trouble through no fault of his own, he will be given charity. However, thieves, parasites, looters, and moochers should suffer the consequences of their irresponsible actions.
Now let’s compare and contrast the major differences between Classical Reconstructionists and the Radical Leftists who have co-opted our movement.
Classical Reconstructionist Jews vs. Radical Leftist Jews
We love America and its founding documents. They hate America and its founding documents.
We are Republicans or Libertarians or Conservatives. They are commie-Democrats and Socialists.
We did not vote for Barack Hussein Obama. They voted for Obama, a Muslim Communist.
We know that capitalism is the ideal economic system. They want to replace capitalism with socialism.
We love new technology. They believe in the nonsense of man-made global warming.
We are in management. They side with union goons and union thugs.
We believe in “individual” justice. They believe in “social” justice.
We read Commentary, the Wall Street Journal, and IBD. They read the New York Times and Philadelphia Inquirer.
We watch Fox News and listen to talk radio. They watch PBS and listen to NPR.
We believe in limited government; it should be a referee for the society, not a player. They believe in big government–which can meddle in everything.
We are adults, and we make our own way in the world. They commonly act like children and demand that government take care of them.
We are Transnaturalists. They are, to a great extent, atheists or supernaturalists.
We are heterosexual and support family values. They promote homosexual values.
We understand math, science, engineering, business. They are liberal arts majors.
We fight Islamo-Fascism. They want to hire Arabs and Muslims at the RRC.
We are rational. They are emotional and irrational.
HOW CAN WE TAKE BACK OUR MOVEMENT FROM THE RADICAL LEFTISTS?
Simple: stop giving them money. Stop giving your sanction to these imposters–they are dunces who have no real understanding of Reconstructionist Judaism or American Civilization. It’s time for intelligent, rational Jews to take the Reconstructionist movement back from the fools.
By withholding our money and our support of the current JRF and the current RRC, we will deliver this message: hire pro-America administrators and instructors and start teaching Kaplan again!
“Jews outside Eretz Yisrael, whose primary civilization is that of the country they live in, owe it to their Jewish religion to foster the spiritual significance of the memorable heroes, events, texts, and places of their country’s civilization. They can thus fulfill their own religious vocation as well as express their loyalty to their country in terms of universal spiritual values.”
from “The Aims of Reconstructionism,” Mordecai Kaplan, 1966
1. M. Kaplan, J. Williams, E. Kohn, The Faith of America (New York: Henry Schuman, 1951).
2. H. Binswanger, ed., The Ayn Rand Lexicon (New York: New American Library, 1986).
3. L. Rossiter, M.D., The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness (St. Charles, IL: Free World Books, LLC, 2006).
4. M. Kaplan, Questions Jews Ask: Reconstructionist Answers (New York: Reconstructionist Press, 1956).
5. E. Goldsmith, M. Scult, Dynamic Judaism: The Essential Writings of Mordecai M. Kaplan (New York: Reconstructionist Press, 1985).
Critique of Kol Haneshamah Prayer Book Series
Because of significant input from Classical Reconstructionists, the current service books are quite good and acceptable to us. However, we deplore the omission of “The Criteria of Jewish Loyalty”–which had been in previous editions of the Reconstructionist service books. We also suggest that the prayers for homosexual couples be modified to cover committed couples without regard to, or mention of, sexual orientation. “Don’t ask, don’t tell” has worked perfectly well in the military, and we don’t want that changed there either.
Blog Editorial Policy
We are disciples of Mordecai Kaplan. We value our security and privacy, so we will keep our anonymity, just as do the authors of the editorials in WSJ and IBD. We will not attack officers of the JRF and RRC personally by name; we hope that they will “wise up” after reading our Blog. Of course, all individuals in the “public eye”–those who are on TV or radio or in the newspapers or publically online–are fair game for us and will be so named. Permission is granted to reprint any of the material presented here, provided that nothing is changed and full attribution is made to ClassicalReconstructionist.wordpress.com.
A Reconstructionist Adaptation of the 613 Mitzvot
Applications of the Above Principles to the Events and Issues of the Day
303. 10/07/2018 It is an abomination that a Lesbian is the head of the RRC. She is brain-damaged and so is misusing her sex organs. No, we don’t want her jailed or anything like that. But she does not represent real Reconstructionist Jews like us–who are heterosexual and “normal.” It’s time for real Reconstructionist Jews to take the RRC back from the Leftists and queers who have hijacked our sect.
302. 07/22/2018 We support the recent law passed in Israel which declares the obvious–Israel is the nation-state of the Jewish People. Period! The morons in the Reform and Reconstructionist movements who opposed this law are traitors.
301. 12/09/2017 Kudos to President Trump for recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel! We are delighted that the U.S. embassy will be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem! The Muslim savages can protest all they want, but they will not deter us!
300. 09/16/2017 Classical Reconstructionist Jews love President Trump. We detest the group of Reform, Reconstructionist, and Conservative rabbis who will not accept the traditional phone call from the President for the High Holidays. http://www.newsweek.com/rabbis-wont-call-trump-jewish-high-holidays-because-charlottesville-response-654191
299. 06/18/2017 And here’s another viewpoint on the origin of Christianity–it was created by the Roman Flavian family to pacify their subjects; Jesus is really Titus in disguise! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNtF1-Y-JJM&t=4721s
298. 06/16/2017 Here’s an interesting new view of the origin of Judaism and Christianity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50
297. 05/28/2017 We are very pleased with the formation of Beit Kaplan, a new rabbinical association of Classical Reconstructionist Rabbis!
296. 05/03/2017 Check out an excellent critical review (by a Classical Reconstructionist) of Teutsch’s A Guide to Jewish Practice: Everyday Living: https://www.amazon.com/review/RUBA60K2VVBP8/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
295. 01/14/2017 Classical Reconstructionists should insist that the Far Left brain-dmaged lesbian leader of the Seminary should be replaced by a real Reconstructionist Jew. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstructionist_Rabbinical_College. Our founder, Mordecai Kaplan, taught heterosexual family values, not homosexual nonsense.
294. 12/27/2016 The UN’s vote against Israel’s settlements (i.e., houses) in Judea and Samaria is an abomination. Israel should annex this territory and provide complete civil and economic liberty to the Jews and Arabs living there. The world certainly doesn’t need another Gaza or Arab dictatorship. Obummer and Kerry should get off the world-stage!
293. 11/09/2016 Naturally, we are delighted with the election of Donald J. Trump to the Presidency of the US. America is saved!!!!
292. 09/20/2016 The High Holidays are coming soon. If your Rabbi is a radical Leftist moron, quit your synagogue and find a havurah which is pro-America, pro-Israel, and pro-business. Life is too short to hang around fools. Our hearts go out to the European Jews who are afraid to celebrate the High Holidays for fear of the Muslim savages. It’s time for the West to quarantine these savages; they should not be allowed to come to the West.
291. 04/15/2016 “Rabbi” Brant Rosen is a traitor to the Jewish People. He’s the type of “Reconstructionist” Jew we totally despise! http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-non-zionist-synagogue-met-20150911-story.html
290. 04/09/2016 Muslims may overtake Jews in America by 2026: http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/u-s-muslims-to-overtake-jews-by-2026/. But mentally-retarded and mentally-ill “Jews” like “Rabbi” Anna want to increase Muslim immigration to the U.S. If you are a Republican/conservative/libertarian, you should quit your Leftist synagogue and put your money to better use somewhere else!
289. 03/21/2016 Donald Trump gave an excellent speech to AIPAC today! We support him for President! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3d0LOIMmQQ
288. 11/14/2015 We are terribly saddened–but not surprised–by the Islamo-Nazi attack in Paris. Classical Reconstructionists need more than ever to take back Reconstructionist Judaism from the Leftist fools.
287. 11/14/2015 As an example from post 286, we received a copy of the following e-mail (October 1, 2015) from Dr. Ronald W. Satz to Andrew Finkle, past president of Kol Emet:
285. 07/08/2015 We strongly agree with Donald Trump on the subject of illegal immigration from Mexico. Of course, we welcom LEGAL immigrans; we don’t welcome ILLEGAL immigrants. The most important job of the Federal Government is to protect our borders from foreign invaders, criminals, and terrorists. Trump can build the border fence, if anyone can!
284. 06/28/2015 We completely disagree with the three latest decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court. Who elected these nine justices? Homosexual coupling is not equivalent to heterosexual coupling; homosexuals are irrational and unclean in their behavior. Neither marriage nor health care nor housing is mentioned in the Federal Constitution. The justices ignored the plain reading of the so-called “Afordable Care Act”; we reject their interpretation. This “law” is completely un-Constitutional. The same goes for the ruling on housing “discrimination. Egalitarians are the scum of the universe.
283. 03/03/2015 Finally some news worth commenting upon. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delivered an excellent speech to a joint session of the US Congress this morning. The proposed deal with Iran is bad and unacceptable to all right-thinking individuals. It is completely wrong for any authoritarian/totalitarian regime to have atomic weapons. It’s bad enough that the North Koreans and the Chinese have them; but at least they’re not suicidal. But the Iranians support homicide/suicide bombers; they would have no problem using atomic weapons against the US or Israel. If necessary, Israel will have to take out Iran’s atomic sites by itself….
282. 11/19/2014 We are, of course, saddened by the savage Islamic attack at a Jerusalem synagogue. Muslims are criminals: they follow the teachings of a criminal, the so-called “prophet” Mohammed. Mohammed was a mass murderer, a mass thief, a mass rapist, and a pedophile. Therefore, anyone who follows this criminal is a criminal. The so-called “two-state” solution is nonsense; one cannot make peace with criminals. The West should quarantine the Muslim world–not trade with it or deal with it in anyway. Only if Muslims go through an Age of Enlightenment should we end the quarantine.
281. 10/05/2014 We are shocked, though actually not surprised, at all the “Reconstructionist” Rabbis in J-Street, a far-Left group which is anti-America, anti-Israel, and anti-business. Real Reconstructionist Jews are Zionists and members of the ZOA, instead.
280. 10/05/2014 We like Rami M. Shapiro’s message on p. 694 of our High Holidays service book, which summarizes the purpose: “At this Yom Kippur, we seek to deal kindly but honestly with ourselves, to take care that our commitment to ideals does not entail the destruction of our own souls, our own worlds. We freely admit our failings and create the atonements. No excuse, no escape, just and honest seeing into the truth, that we might correct our path and set off once more toward the good each of us seeks.” And this, on p. 764: “Tonight we concern ourselves with teshuvah, turning: Turning from ignorance to truth, from darkness to light, from evil to good, from conceit to compassion, from self to Life. Turning is the key to survival. The seasons, the planets, the galaxies–all maintain their existence through turning. Our turning, too, is in the natural order of things, holding the key to our survival by returning us to holiness.”
279. 09/24/2014 Happy New Year to all of our Jewish brothers and sisters all around the world. May the Metaphysical Realm bless you in the coming year.
278. 08/24/2014 Here’s our response to the Jihadi slogan: The Metaphysical Realm is the source of our ethics and creativity. Mordecai Kaplan is our prophet. Ethical character development is our way. A long, happy, prosperous life is our most exalted wish.
277. 08/02/2014 Of course we side with Israel against Hamas in Gaza. We are opposed to any truce; rather, we think Israel should continue until all of Hamas’s infrastructure has been destroyed. Kudos to BiBi for being a great Prime Minister of Israel!
276. 05/06/2014 OK, OK, it’s been a long time since we’ve posted last–there’s just been nothing good enough, but now please read this heartwarming story:
This is one of the SADDEST stories ever told in Hollywood. His name is Sylvestar Stallone. One of the BIGGEST and Most famous American Movie superstars. Back in the day,Stallone was a
struggling actor in every definition. At some point,he got so broke that he stole his wife’s jewellery and sold it. Things got so bad that he even ended up homeless. Yes,he slept at the New York bus station for 3 days. Unable to pay rent or afford food. His lowest point came when he tried to sell his dog at the liquor store to any
stranger. He didnt have money to feed the dog anymore. He sold it at $25 only. He says he walked away crying.
Two weeks later,he saw a boxing match between Mohammed Ali and Chuck Wepner and that match gave him the inspiration to write the script for the famous movie,ROCKY. He wrote the
script for 20 hours! He tried to sell it and got an offer for $125,000 for the script. But he had just ONE REQUEST. He wanted to STAR in
the movie. He wanted to be the MAIN ACTOR. Rocky himself. But the studio said NO. They wanted a REAL STAR.
They said he “Looked funny and talked funny”. He left with his script. Afew weeks later,the studio offered him $250,000 for the script. He refused. They even offered $350,000. He still refused. They wanted his movie. But NOT him. He said NO. He had to be
IN THAT MOVIE.
After a while,the studio agreed,gave him $35,000 for the script and let him star in it! The rest is history! The movie won Best Picture,Best Directing and Best Film Editing at the prestigious
Oscar Awards. He was even nominated for BEST ACTOR! The Movie ROCKY was even inducted into the American National Film Registry as one of the greatest movies ever!
And do You know the first thing he bought with the $35,000? THE DOG HE SOLD. Yes,Stallone LOVED HIS DOG SO MUCH that he stood at the liquor store for 3 days waiting for the man he sold
his dog to. And on the 3rd day,he saw the man coming with the dog. Stallone explained why he sold the dog and begged for the dog back. The man refused. Stallone offered him $100. The
man refused. He offered him $500. And the guy refused. Yes,he refused even $1000. And,Believe it or Not,Stallone had to pay $15,000 for the same,same dog he sold at $25 only! And he
finally got his dog back!
And today,the same Stallone who slept in the streets and sold his dog JUST BECAUSE he couldnt even feed it anymore,is one of the GREATEST Movie Stars who ever walked the Earth!
Being broke is BAD. Really BAD. Have You ever had a dream? A wonderful dream? But You are too broke to implement it? Too tiny to do it? Too small to accomplish it? Damn! I’ve been there too many times!
Life is tough. Opportunities will pass you by,just because you are a
NOBODY. People will want your products but NOT YOU. Its a tough
world. If you aint already famous,or rich or “connected”,You will find it rough.
Doors will be shut on You. People will steal your glory and crash your hopes.You will push and push. And yet NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.
And then your hopes will be crashed.You will be broke. Damn broke. You will do odd jobs for survival. You will be unable to feed yourself. And Yes,you may end up sleeping in the streets.
It happens. Yes,it does.
BUT NEVER LET THEM CRUSH THAT DREAM. Whatever happens to
You,Keep Dreaming. Even when they crush your hopes,Keep Dreaming. Even when they turn you away,Keep Dreaming.
Even when they shut you down,Keep Dreaming.
NO ONE KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF EXCEPT YOURSELF! People will judge You by HOW you look. And by WHAT You have.
But please,Fight on! Fight for Your place in history. Fight for your glory. NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Even if it means selling all your clothes and sleeping with the dogs,ITS OKAY! But AS LONG AS YOU ARE STILL ALIVE,Your STORY IS NOT OVER. TRUST ME.
Keep Up the Fight. Keep your dreams and hope alive. Go gerrit.
Like and share if inspired. Lovely day
275. 03/08/2014 A great performance from Israeli teenagers: http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/a-group-of-israeli-teenagers-came-together-to-sing-about-israel-the-result-was-incredible
274. 02/25/2014 Of course, volcanoes have kept “global warming” at bay–and will continue to do so. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140224133137.htm
273. 02/04/2014 A great lecture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-nsU_DaIZE
272. 01/30/2014 The physical location of the human onscience has been found, and monkeys don’t have it. http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/you-say-lateral-frontal-pole-i-say-that-little-devilangel-that-whispers-in-my-ear-9094043.html. This is what separates ethical humans from non-ethical humans or animals.
271. 12/05/2013 Special Hanukkah Essay
Happy Hanukkah to one and all. We hope you’re in excellent physical and mental health.
The political and economic situation in the U.S. continues to deteriorate. The Federal Reserve’s depreciation of the dollar has caused an artificial rise in stock prices, which cannot be sustained. The so-called “Affordable Care Act” has drastically increased prices for health insurance. Americans need to rediscover the founding principles of the country and need to apply them to the current situation.
Three philosophical positions exist for political economy: 1) anarchy; 2) minarchy; and 3) statism. Anarchists are mostly Leftists with some libertarians mixed in. Minarchists are mostly libertarians, with some Republicans and conservatives mixed in. Statists consist of some Republicans, and all Democrats, socialists, communists, fascists, Nazis, and Islamo-Fascists. Under anarchy, there is no objective authority to coerce criminals to make restitution to victims. Under minarchy, the government uses retaliatory force against those individuals (criminals, foreign invaders, terrorists) who initiate force, theft, or fraud; minarchists do not initiate force against non-criminals. Under statism, the government initiates force against non-criminals to implement its collectivist schemes under the guise of “progress.”
A sports analogy helps to illustrate the differences between the three major camps. Under anarchy, a sports league would have no code book and no referees. Under minarchy, there would be a minimal code book and just a few referees. Under statism, there would be a huge code book, many referees, and they would also be players, and—even worse–would control all the other players!
From our perspective, and from the perspective of the founders of America, minarchy is the proper philosophical position. Anarchy cannot work; there would be no way to ensure justice, and quite likely any anarchist society would eventually turn into a dictatorship. Statism results in the destruction of liberty, in a stagnant economy, and in slavery to the State.
The heyday for America was from 1865 to 1900. We had the fastest economic growth rate in the world, the smallest government, and the greatest freedom. (Please don’t believe the nonsense from the statist school teachers that the businessmen of the time were “robber barons.”) After that period came the income tax, the Federal Reserve, and the direct election of Senators—which deprived the individual American states of say in the Federal Government. From 1900 until now, government at all levels has grown to where it siphons off approximately 50% of the GDP! Even worse, 49% of the populace receives some form of dole from the remaining taxpayers, which they didn’t earn. Obviously, this situation cannot last for long; various cities and states are now bankrupt or close to being bankrupt. Reforms to take now include: 1) drastically cut government expenditures at all levels; 2) cut taxes; 3) balance the budgets in all branches of government at much lower levels; and 4) end pensions to government workers. We side with the Tea Party Patriots. The so-called “Progressives” have control of most of our educational establishments, most of our news establishments, and most of Hollywood. But we’re not giving up; eventually we will prevail and take the country back from the statists. Remember: the proper distribution of wealth is “From each as they choose, to each as they are chosen.” This means voluntary exchange in a free market, with the government merely prosecuting force, theft, and fraud, and otherwise leaving us alone.
Israel is now in grave danger from Iran. The statists in the U.S. government have yielded to the statists in Iran and kicked Israel under the bus. Everyone who voted for the present U.S. Administration needs to apologize to those of us who did not. Remember: Hanukkah, Passover, and Purim all celebrate liberty and small government!
270. 11/11/2013 Yes, yes, it’s been a long time since we last posted. Sorry, but the news is very much the same. Obamacare is a disaster, and only the French (believe it or not) saved the world from caving on Iran. The economy is still dismal; the stock market rally is totally artificial, based on the ridiculously low interest rates. The only good thing we can say about Pres. Hussein is his drone attacks. We continue to support the Tea Party, the main group still upholding the principles of our American Civilization. Obviously, the U.S. needs to drastically down-size the government, cut taxes, cut regulations, and balance the budget much lower levels. Specifically, all regulations which hamper employers from hiring new workers need to be repealed, so all Americans can find work.
269. 09/06/2013 Happy New Year to all the Jewish people around the world. While the use of chemical weapons is abhorrent to all of us, we cannot support a U.S. military attack on Syria at this time. We agree with the ZOA’s position: the U.S. national interest is not threatened by Syria. Also, Syria has not been a threat to Israel.
268. 07/31/2013 Michael Medved, the social conservative talk show host, has had on some members of the Discovery Institute–you know the “creationists” who oppose the theory of biological evolution. One of their contentions was that the great increase in life forms during the “Cambrian Explosion” was unexplained by evolutionary theory. Nonsense! See http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130731093310.htm
267. 06/22/2013 Some metaphysics to think about: existence = the physical realm (space-time units) and the non-physical realm (non-space-time units). But what is a non-space-time unit? It must be “beyond space and time” and hence it is spaceless, timeless, and massless. This means it must be a dimensionless “point.” Our soul, then, is a finite collection of non-physical points, and the Metaphysical Realm is the whole collection of non-physical points in existence.
266. 05/14/2013 Now the commie-Democrat Administration has been caught targeting Jewish and Pro-Israel groups. http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/israel-related-groups-also-pointed-to-irs-scrutiny-91298.html. Why on earth do Jews still vote for Democrats?
265. 04/16/2013 Forget about the commie-Democrat news media and Administration: the Boston bombing has all the earmarks of a Jihadist attack. The “innocent” Saudi national who was caught has numerous relatives in Al Queda. The use of a pressure cooker and nails and glass in the bomb, plus the two-staged attack, point directly to Al Queda.
264. 03/25/2013 Happy Passover to our fellow Jews. The Reconstructionist Haggadah is excellent.
263. 03/21/2013 A good play on Dr. Seuss: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=545843485447339&set=a.239735179391506.64222.195768000454891&type=1&theater
262. 02/07/2013 How to irritate liberals: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151473204841189&set=at.10150572681456189.435981.582941188.668916017&type=1&theater
260. 02/06/2013 Federal and state governments may not discriminate against homosexuals, but private organizations may. As stated above, we favor “Don’t ask, don’t tell” for the U.S. military. In the case of the Boy Scouts of America, we are opposed to having gays, females, or atheists in this organization. See what happened to the Canadian Boy Scouts: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/boy-scouts-of-america-have-you-looked-across-the-border-at-canada/
259. 01/27/2013 From the Bastiat Institute: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=499792993397724&set=a.109925389051155.5688.107087879334906&type=1&theater
258. 01/25/2013 The 10 Cannots: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=566545716697636&set=a.303916709627206.79996.209960642356147&type=1&theater
257. 01/05/2013 So how do we explain the creation of the physical universe? The Metaphysical Realm is comprised of non-space-time units. A portion of these were converted to space-time units, half for our matter sector and the other half for the anti-matter or inverse-matter sector. The two sectors, if combined, would sum right back to the total of non-space-time units used for the process of creation.
256. 01/05/2013 Reconstructionist Judaism stresses creativity. If human beings were just physical/biological mechanisms, we could not be creative. But we are, so therefore there is, indeed, a nonphysical component to our brain.
255. 01/02/2013 Let’s review the definition of Transnaturalism by our founder, Mordecai Kaplan:
Transnaturalism is that extension of naturalism which takes into account much that mechanistic or materialistic or positivistic science is incapable of dealing with. Transnaturalism reaches out into the domain where mind, personality, purpose, ideals, values and meanings dwell. It treats of the good and the true. Whether or not it has a distinct logic of its own is problematic. But it certainly has a language of its own, the language of simile, metaphor and poetry. That is the language of symbol, myth and drama. In that universe of discourse, belief in God spells trust in life and man, as capable of transcending the potentialities of evil that inhere in his animal heredity, in his social heritage, and in the conditions of his environment. Transnaturalist religion beholds God in the fulfillment of human nature and not in the suspension of the natural order. Its function is not to help man overcome the hazards of nature, but to enable him to bring under control his inhumanity to his fellow man.
254. 01/01/2013 Happy New Year, everyone! From Kaplan’s Religion of Ethical Nationhood, p. 164: “The beginning of a new year offers occasion to take spiritual inventory of where the nation stands with respect to the fulfillment of its traditions and to renewal of devotion to its highest purposes.” The purpose of our Blog is to help restore the fundamental principles of America and the fundamental principles of Reconstructionist Judaism. We will work hard this year to further these goals.
253. 12/26/2012 Both the physical realm and the nonphysical realm are cause-effect mechanisms, but not “deterministic” mechanisms. This means that probability plays a role. In the physical realm, we observe that the photons radiate out in all directions from a light bulb–no one direction is favored, and we cannot predict ahead of time what the direction of a newly created photon will be. It’s clear that the nonphysical realm “operates” on the human physical brain, altering the course of action of a human being from what it would be if he were merely a biological unit. It’s also clear that knowledge gained in our earthly life has an effect on the metaphysical unit–else how could we explain “spiritual growth”? Apparently, our ethical development cannot be accomplished by fiat from the nonphysical realm–and besides that would violate the basic principles of a rational universe. Note that the nonphysical realm is perfectly “good” and cannot do wrong. Apparently the only choice open to a non-incarnated metaphysical unit is what to contemplate–in a nonphysical manner, of course. On earth, the “end times” will come only when the metaphysical unit associated with each human being has complete control of the biological unit.
252. 12/26/2012 Objectivists commonly state that Objectivism is “atheist.” But we’d say it’s really transnaturalist, because Rand never said that human consciousness could be explained merely by biological evolution. Here’s a quote from Rand’s Anthem:
“I am done with the monster of ‘We,’ the word of serfdom, of plunder, of misery, falsehood and shame.
“And now I see the face of god, and I raise this god over the earth, this god whom men have sought since men came into being, this god who will grant them joy and peace and pride.
This “I” is really the unit of God within–the conscience. It comes from the Metaphysical Realm and associates with the physical human brain of an ethical human being.
251. 12/25/2012 Best proof of reincarnation is here: http://www.reversespins.com/proofofreincarnation.html
250. 12/23/2012 There is a normal probability distribution of the capability of souls or metaphysical units. Some will be analogous to single-celled biological organisms. Some will be analogous to the level of human organisms in the biological world–which have 75 trillion cells! Obviously, most souls have a long way to go before becoming perfect in all knowledge. Clearly there is a build-up with each incarnation, but perhaps it takes a million incarnations to achieve perfection. Such knowledge that a soul does have must be correct, or else there would be inconsistencies. Contradictions cannot exist in either the physical realm or the Metaphysical Realm!
249. 12/20/2012 Is there a “Final Judgment” or “reward and punishment”? No. Here’s what actually happens: we build up our metaphysical unit (“soul”) during our lifetime–this is what survives bodily death, no more, no less. The “judgment” is therefore automatic. Soulless hominids are obliterated, just like dead plants and animals.
248. 12/20/2012 We are not “pantheists.” We do not believe that there is a “divine spark” in everything–only in ethical human beings (and ethical hominids on other planets).
247. 12/20/2012 Do we believe that the goal of our lives is “happiness” or “self-fulfillment”? Kaplan is very clear on this issue. Happiness and sorrow are part of the space-time universe, not the Metaphysical Realm. Happiness is desirable, of course, but not our true purpose, which is self-fulfillment, defined as “exemplifying the art of so living individually and collectively as to contribute to the intellectual, moral, and spiritual progress of mankind” (Dynamic Judaism, p. 22).
246. 12/19/2012 The “old” reptilian part of our human brain is the source of our emotions (the Id in Freudian psychology). The neocortex of our brain the source of our reason (the Ego in Freudian psychology). And the non-physical component of our brain is our “soul” or metaphysical unit (the Superego in Freudian psychology).
245. 12/19/2012 The Metaphysical Realm, while huge, is finite. In a few human beings on earth, the metaphysical unit has total control over the life unit. In most humans, the control is partial. In the remainder, the control is null: in this case, the individual is really just an animal or bio-unit. Evil is caused by lack of control of a biological human by a metaphysical unit. A transnaturalist can therefore explain both good and evil, whereas a supernaturalist and an atheist cannot: a supernaturalist cannot explain evil, because surely a good God would not tolerate evil; an atheist cannot explain goodness, because purely physical/biological entities are mechanisms. Yes, the physical universe and plants and animals are mechanisms! Ethical human beings (and ethical hominids on other planets) are compound structures, part mechanism and part spirit. Free will, due to this spiritual component, is thus an aspect of ethical human beings. It is because we have a metaphysical unit that we have rights to life, liberty, and property, whereas animals and plants do not–they are just mechanisms. We are therefore responsible for our actions!
244. 12/19/2012 For a metaphysical unit to have sovereignty over a biological unit, the metaphysical unit must be “intelligent.” As stated below, it must have a nonphysical central processing unit!
243. 12/19/2012 The metaphysical units, being non-physical, are not physically destructible, and thus they survive the death of the body. They may thereafter be reincarnated into a new body. Therefore Reconstuctionist Judaism provides support to reincarnation, not bodily resurrection. Note: we are here following the teachings of Philo–not the Zohar, which has too many bizarre statements for us to accept.
242. 12/19/2012 Perhaps the best way to understand the discrete units of the metaphysical realm is by analogy. A computer has input ports, output ports, memory storage, and a central processing unit. Similarly, by analogy, a metaphysical unit must have nonphysical input ports, nonphysical output ports, nonphysical memory storage, and a nonphysical central processing unit. Each metaphysical unit contains a nonphysical transmitter and a nonphysical receiver. Communication between or among metaphysical units is by intuition or telepathy or clairvoyance. Obviously, at this stage of human development, our metaphysical units are not very well developed–ESP experiments show only slightly above chance results. However, there are ESP “stars” and these individuals therefore prove the phenomena. It is important to note that anything we receive from intuitive channels must be verified by inductive or deductive reasoning–we don’t accept anything on “faith.”
241. 12/19/2012 Philo was the greatest Jewish philosopher of antiquity, and he is still worth reading today. We recently discovered that there is a scholarly society in the U.S. which publishes papers on Philo.
240. 12/17/2012 Our job, as scientists and philosophers, is to figure out all of the laws and principles of both the physical realm and the Metaphysical Realm. In Reconstructionist Judaism, both realms are natural, rational, objective, and understandable by the mind of man. We term the Metaphysical Realm “transnatural” because it is beyond the space-time of our space-time universe–but it is not beyond our capability to understand. Given the many irrational theories in the science and philosophy of our competitors, our task is immense, but progress is being made every day. We utterly reject the notion of pure relativism; both the physical and metaphysical realms are absolute, and therefore have fixed properties. Our knowledge of these properties continues to grow and evolve, and we correct past mistakes.
239. 12/16/2012 There is much misinformation on the Web about the Reconstructionist conception of God. Here is the correct statement, from Questions Jews Ask, pp. 102-103: “God is the Process by which the universe produces persons, and persons are the processes by which God is manifest in the individual. So to conceive of God is to regard Him as personal, in the sense that He manifests Himself in our personality, in every effort of ours to live up to our responsibilities as human beings. At the same time He is not a person, since He cannot be compared with a human person, any more than the human person can be compared with one of his momentary acts.” Also, from p. 174 of Dynamic Judaism: “Self-consciousness introduces a new quality into the content of human life. That new quality impels man to live in other dimensions besides the one of the vitalities of power [the biological world]. One such dimension is that of the rational, or the universal, and the other is that of the spiritual, or eternal. The dimension of the rational may be said to give form to the content of human life; the dimension of the spiritual may be said to give to it purpose.”
238. 12/14/2012 Haunukkah gift idea: please purchase Dynamic Judaism for your loved ones–it’s the best explication of Mordecai Kaplan’s Reconstructionist Judaism!
236. 12/05/2012 Another brilliant piece by Edward Cline: http://capitalismmagazine.com/2012/11/war-peace-and-wishful-thinking-the-hamas-assault-on-israel/
235. 11/22/2012 Ayn Rand on Thanksgiving: “Thanksgiving is a typically American holiday. In spite of its religious form (giving thanks to God for a good harvest), its essential, secular meaning is a celebration of successful production. It is a producers’ holiday. The lavish meal is a symbol of the fact that abundant consumption is the result and reward of of production. Abundance is (or was and ought to be) America’s pride–just as it is the pride of American parents that their children need never know starvation.” ARI, III, 23, 1.
234. 11/21/2012 Kudos to Spike TV for “Bar Rescue.” A failing bar/restaurant calls in a management consulting team and after many improvements are made, the bar/restaurant becomes successful. This is so American! http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-on-the-right/112012-634129-media-suggest-terrorists-no-worse-than-their-victims.htm
233. 11/16/2012 A message from the “Queen of England”: http://www.avolites.com/avo/jokes/queen.htm
232. 11/07/2012 A Review of Ethics: It is our purpose to “perfect our souls.” This means creating and trading value for value and honoring contracts. It means never initiating force, theft, or fraud. It means limited government and free enterprise. It means self-responsibility. It means that nobody can pinch hit for you. It means that you should not sacrifice your life for another or another for your life. It means that you should not be a slave or a slave driver, but a free man. It means benevolence and good will. It means individual justice, not “social justice.”
231. 11/07/2012 A Review of Metaphysics: Existence exists and cannot have been created. From the Principle of Plenitude, we surmise that existence is comprised of a multiverse with a central Metaphysical Realm, which is beyond space and time. Each universe of the multiverse is independent. There can only be a small number of such universes because there are only very few combinations of space-time which are possible. It’s possible that the Metaphysical Realm could create or destroy any of these independent universes. The whole multiverse is rational, objective, and understandable by man; natural laws govern it. Our purpose is the building of our ethical character in this lifetime and the lifetimes to come. There is no supernatural deity giving us commands; the discrete units of the Metaphysical Realm are ethical in themselves and associate only with advanced hominid brains. Our moral code is a property of the Metaphysical units, and they must take charge of our biological selves.
230. 11/07/2012 The Romney/Ryan ticket lost. The thieves, parasites, moochers, and looters won. We blame the social conservatives in the Republican Party and the Leftist foreign policy views of the Libertarian Party for this defeat. What we need is an Objectivist Party, one that follows the teachings of Barry Goldwater and Ayn Rand. We need to take over the educational establishment and the news media. Americans are so dumb, they don’t even know they’re losing their country.
229. 10/31/2012 As the Superstorm Sandy illustrates, it is essential for everyone to have home-owners insurance and also insurance for all valuables inside. We assume that the readers of this blog know this! If, in fact, everyone had suffcient insurance, the cost of this tragedy would have already been paid for. Of course, we have empathy for those individuals who have lost items which cannot be replaced. And, most certainly, we have sympathy for individuals who have lost loved ones….
228. 10/31/2012 Again, if you wish to help save American Civilization from the Leftist fools, please support the Romney/Ryan campaign–they are pro-America, pro-business, and pro-Israel–totally unlike Pres. Hussein.
227. 10/31/2012 If you wish to help save American Civilization, we strongly suggest that you go see Atlas Shrugged Part II, before the theater run is over. Ignore the imbecilic critics–they’ve been totally mis-educated. The audiences love it.
226. 10/14/2012 Courtesy of Amercians for Prosperity, a number of us attended a showing of the new movie Atlas Shrugged Part II, followed by a dinner with the guest of honor–John Aglialoro, the producer! The movie was excellent–a celebration of our American Civilization and how it can be destroyed if our basic principles are not followed. Aglialoro explained what it was like to produce Parts I and II and indicated that Part III should be out on July 4, 2014. Every Classical Reconstructionist Jew should see this movie!
225. 10/01/2012 Pres. Hussein’s list of firsts: http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2011/06/president-barack-obamas-complete-list.html
224. 09/25/2012 From the low-IQ, irrational, illogical heredi Jews: “Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky, who of Israel’s pre-eminent haredi rabbis, issued a public notice on Sunday urging owners of iPhones to burn their devices, comparing the popular cell phones to weapons of war.” Morons.
223. 09/17/2012 Happy New Year to the world-wide Classical Jewish Reconstructionist Community. It’s a pleasure reacquainting ourselves with each other and with our beautiful, very well-written Days of Awe service book.
222. 09/01/2012 From Atlas Shrugs:
“Egypt Shuts Down Last Jewish Synagogue Jewish Life (thanks to David)
For the first time in 2,000 years, there will be no Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur services at the Eliyahu Hanavi Synagogue in Alexandria in 5773, reports Daniel Greenfield in “In The Point.”
This was the last active synagogue in Egypt. The Egyptian authorities’ excuse for the shut-down, effectively outlawing High Holiday services in the country, were “security” reasons.
Levana Zamir, head of the International Association of Egyptian Jews in Israel, said: “It seems this is really the end of Jewish life in Egypt. The authorities have found a way to take over the last Jewish bastion, since all the remaining synagogues are already archaeological and tourist sites. It is very sad.”
This is yet another example of the fact that Jewish life is becoming extinct in the Muslim world.”
221. 08/29/2012 From the Israel Project, this ominous message: Iran has installed 350 new centrifuges in its underground Fordow facility since May, a new report to be circulated to IAEA member-states later this week is expected to say. The report quotes Vienna-based diplomats speaking on Wednesday. In the meantime, the IAEA is setting up a special task force to handle inspections and other issues related to Iran’s nuclear program.
220. 08/28/2012 From today’s Refdesk.com and The Free Dictionary:
“American Academy of Pediatrics Endorses Circumcision”
“People have long debated the ethics and benefits of infant circumcision, but experts are still divided on the controversial issue. Months ago, a German court made headlines when it ruled that circumcision causes grievous bodily harm and should not be performed on any male prior to the age of consent. The American Academy of Pediatrics, meanwhile, just issued new guidelines stating that the health benefits of infant circumcision outweigh the risks, citing evidence that the procedure can reduce the risk of urinary tract infections, penile cancer, and sexually transmitted diseases including HIV and human papillomavirus.” We are very pleased to have scientific support for circumcision!
219. 08/23/2012 From today’s IBD editorial page–Hussein Obama’s foreign policy failures:
Pulled out of Iraq only to discover Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is helping Iran skirt economic sanctions imposed on it because of its nuclear program.
Repeatedly bowed to Saudi King Abdullah, who inturn embraced Iranian madman and arch U.S. foe Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at last week’s summit of Muslim nations in Mecca.
Rushed to withdraw from Afghanistan and turn over security to Afghan forces, only to watch them frag U.S. military trainers in wave after wave of treacherous insider attacks.
Stood aside as Islamists took power in Egypt onlyto watch the post-Mubarak regime send tanks to the Sinai and threaten 33 years of peace with Israel.
Sent billions in aid to Pakistan only to see the funds diverted to Islamabad’s cold war with India.
And some Jews are still going to vote for this Muslim-Communist?
218. 07/28/2012 Statistics on the bad economy: http://www.ijreview.com/2012/07/11271-economy-20-signs-that-point-to-the-exact-same-thing/?fb_action_ids=10151136727801018&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151136727801018%22%3A10151295155787818%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151136727801018%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D&code=AQA7l62J7TLiGLED1FqTeXjQ9wyRY6DAaYbJnCmC7-pdU5f2co9IDs992g4YdgW8Fcp8gPeB5z4CPZ-l3WJaDI0vVMyPBNUFlm_UxaYfD0tGX3ZtFN4MnMtBZ4hh-UoJQskDqxpnY3CJv0HEkg-GMnVd_tyOhJo4kAz-36jnO2IiDYJjS6fse_MP2GUxWutAVtQ&state=294bf15ee50cbab785bb5fd96a5690e2
216. 07/22/2012 A response to Obama’s “You didn’t build that comment”: http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2012/07/you-didnt-build-that.html
215. 07/19/2012 A great speech from Calvin Coolidge: http://rightnetwork.com/posts/calvin-coolidge-speaks-%22i-want-the-people-of-america-to-be-able-to-work-l
214. 07/02/2012 From the Register Citizen ( Litchfield County, CT):
“Let me get this straight…we’re going to be “gifted” with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don’t, which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t udnerstand it, passed by a Congress that didn’t read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we’ll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that’s broke!” Brilliant. We ask all Classical Reconstructionist Jews to work for the repeal of this idiocy.
213. 06/28/2012 The Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare is a great disappointment to us. Justice Roberts is no “conservative”–even Justice Kennedy wanted the law to be completely thrown out. There are far better healthcare bills in Congress. Hopefully, the Republicans will take back the Presidency and the Senate, and so the “Afforadable Care Act” will be rescinded. In the meantime, we recommend that all Classical Reconsructionist Jews practice the principles of orthomolecular medicine–i.e., take natural supplements to stay healthy and not get sick.
212. 06/09/2012 From IBD’s editorial page:
“Fact is, Estonia tried stimulus after a steep recession in 2008. That ‘stimulus’ shrank its economy a mindboggling 18%, worse than anything seennowin Greece.
“Instead of going into deeper debt, Estonia reversed course, slashing its budget to 6% of GDP. By 2011 Estonia racked up 7.6% growth, the highest in the EU and five times the EU average. Its credit was upgraded. The Estonian success story highlights important lessons for both Western Europe and the U.S.: contrary to the conventional wisdom that the rate of government growth can only be slowed and not reversed. Estonia went full Tea Party and reversed it.”
211. 06/06/2012 Kudos to the Tea Party Patriots for helping to defeat the recall of Gov. Walker of Wisconsin! We are very pleased that the big-spending, big-taxing commie-Democrats and labor unions lost big. We hope this forbodes well for November. Maybe we can save American Civilization yet….
210. 05/30/2012 Kudos to the Boy Scouts for resisting the attempts by the homosexual community to force acceptance of gays. We do not, under any circumstances, want homosexuals in the Boy Scouts. Just look at the priest scandal of the Roman Catholic Church!
209. 05/30/2012 The Ancient Aliens series on H2 is now out of bounds: some of these clowns are now claiming that the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs 65 million years ago was sent to the earth by aliens. Dingbats. There are quite a few unexplained UFO events, and we call for serious research into this phenomena, but we don’t need kook explanations for natural phenomena like asteroid strikes.
208. 05/30/2012 Mayor Bloomberg is at it again–being a nanny in telling people what to eat and drink in NYC. It is a violation of the principles of American Civilization for the government to be anything other than a referee. Who the heck mad Bloomberg a health czar?
207. 05/30/2012The states of California and New York are hopeless. We call upon all Classical Reconstructionists still living in these states to move to more business-friendly states, like Texas and Virginia.
206. 05/09/2012 On the recent elections:
a. We are pleased that the long-serving RINO, Dick Lugar, has been defeated in the Indiana primary. 36 years is a ridiculous amount of time to “serve” Hoosiers. Kudos to the Tea Party for bringing this about.
b. The French and the Greeks have elected Socialists. So now there is really no hope for Europe. The Euro should go away, and each country should get its own currency back. The exchange rate will then be set by the prevailing productivity of each country. We predict that there will be a stampede of wealthy, intelligent people out of Europe.
c. Former governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson, won the Libertarian Party nomination for President. We agree with most of Johnson’s ideology and wish him well in the general electrion. His foreign policy is considerably better than than of Ron Paul.
205. 05/02/2012 The Leftists demonstrating on May Day and today are communists, socialists, anarchists, welfare-statists, and other miscreants who want something for nothing. They are a product of America’s socialist educational system. The solution? Privatize the entire education system and get rid of the National Education Association, the base of the Democrat Party. With competition, schools will become much better. Businesses will not hire Leftest college professors, so the Left’s domination of our campuses will finally end.
204. 04/18/2012 The History Channels (1 and 2) have done a great job of presenting American and World history. We now have a much better understanding of the Christian Crusades–the Knights Templar faught against the Islamo-Fascists and secured Jerusalem for a time, and may have rescued treasures from the Temple. Templar Sinclair possibly discovered America 100 years before Columbus and understood that this land could be used to defend against the Islamists. The Templars eventually faded (due to internecine disagreements) but then transformed into the Free Masons! Many of American Founding Fathers were Free Masons, and this group became open to Jews. Pres. Jefferson had to fight the Islamic terrorists of his day and remarked on how barbarous the Koran is. America is the last, best hope for the world against the Islamo-Fascists. You probably never understood history in this way before!
203. 04/18/2012 The Left has control of most of our educational system, the government, Hollywood, and the media. Classical Reconstructionist Jews should not “go with the flow.” We should stand against the destruction of our once great American Civilization. The election in November is extremely important; although Romney was not our first choice, he certainly is far superior to Pres. Hussein.
202. 04/18/2012 Of course the “Affordable Care Act” is un-Constitutional. Regardless of what the U.S. Supreme Court decides, we call on all Classical Reconstructionist Jews to peacefully disobey this law. We call upon the government to get completely out of health care, other than to prosecute anyone who initiates force, theft, or fraud against another.
201. 04/18/2012 “Speaking of Nazis ….. Iran marked Holocaust Remembrance Day today by publishing a new set of cartoons mocking Jews and denying that the Holocaust took place.” –Pamela Geller
200. 03/31/2012 From Edward Cline of Capitalism Magazine:
“I make no bones about my hatred of Islam. It isn’t the Rotary Club, or the Moonies, or any other harmless cult. Islam is as much a collectivist ideology as are socialism and communism and Nazism, and like those secular brands, its primary aim is total domination of their adoptive societies to the point that those societies become wholly Islamic. To submit to Islam is to voluntarily lobotomize oneself in favor of a ghostly authority and an iconic “prophet” who was basically a thug and a killer. Muslims submit to it, and expect all those around them to submit to it, or to defer to them.
“Islam is the Black Death of modern times. It competes with secular totalitarianism. Its carriers are Muslims, who arrived by countless planeloads at the invitation and encouragement of Western governments and proceeded to procreate and begin a process of insulation. At first these governments believed that Muslims would assimilate into the cultures they were migrating to, as though they were Christians of one sect settling into a country dominated by Christians of another sect. However, they were not Catholics settling in Lutheran Germany, or Episcopalians starting over in Catholic Italy.”
199. 03/31/2012 You want proof that Pres. Hussein is a communist? Here it is: http://news.investors.com/article/606265/201203301828/obama-echoes-communist-manifesto-in-blueprint-for-change.htm
198. 03/27/2012 You want proof that Pres. Hussein is a Muslim? Here it is: http://www.conservativevideos.com/2012/03/obama-admits-he-is-a-muslim/
197. 03/27/2012 From the Orlando Sentinel:
“With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law-enforcement authorities told the Orlando Sentinel.
“That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say….” We will wait for all the facts, of course, but the race baiters are completely out of line here. The President had no business jumping to conclusions.
196. 03/25/2012 Classical Reconstructionist Jews who are members of the Society of Professional Journalists or the American Bar Association need to take the officers of these organizations to task for failing to take seriously the threat of Islamo-Fascism. Islamists believe that their authoritarian culture is superior to the West, and they are attempting stealthily–and militarily–to take us over. Please read any of Robert Spencer’s books or Pamela Geller’s books. The “Jewish Liberal Establishment” is clueless–specifically, please stop contributing to B’nai Brith and the ADL. Instead support SIOA and David Horowitz’s Freedom Center.
195. 03/25/2012 We still prefer Newt over Rick or Mitt, but it seems hopeless. At least Mitt would be better than Pres. Hussein.
194. 03/25/2012 Some good new for all of us who love American Civilization–Part II of the film adaptation of Ayn Rand’s novel Atlas Shrugged has been greenlighted. http://wordpress.com/?_=1332702548758#!/my-blogs/
193. 03/05/2012 We love Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel. Please see and hear him give his AIPAC speech: http://www.onejerusalem.org/2012/03/video-prime-minister-netanyahu-1.php#
192. 03/05/2012 Pamela Geller has it correct about this contraception flap.
“A 30-year-old poses as a 23-year-old, chooses a Catholic University to attend at $65,000 per year, and cannot afford ALL the birth control pills she needs… so she wants the US taxpayers to pay for her rampant sexual activity. By all accounts she is banging it five times a day. She sounds more like a prostitute to me. She must have an gyno bill to choke a horse (pun intended). Calling this whore a slut was a softball.
“Obama calls her and tells Sandra Slut Fluke that her parents should be so proud of her. He’s a pimp.
Did he call the sole survivor of the Fogel family massacre? He is morally bankrupt.”
191. 03/01/2012 Please say Kaddish for Andrew Breitbart at Shabbat services tomorrow. Andrew loved our American civilization and did everything possible to save it from being destroyed by the Leftists.
190. 02/25/2012 From Pamela Geller’s Atlas Shrugs blog:
“And Obama is apologizing. And our Generals are apologizing. And the Pentagon is apologizing. America, where are you on this?
“Why would civilized men apologize for destroying materials that were being used to send jihadist messages to kill our soldiers, our citizens? This is madness. Where are Muslim apologies for 1,400 years of jihadi wars, land appropriations, cultural annihilations and enslavements? Where are the apologies for the relentless war on the Jews, the Hindus, Christians, and all non-Muslims? Where are the apologies for 911, 7/7, 3/11, the Cole, Khobar, Beslan, and Bosnia?”
189. 02/21/2012 From IBD: “Three years after Pres. Obama signed
his economic stimulus package into law, long-term joblessness is up 83%, the
national debt is 41% higher and household incomes are off nearly7%.
Unemployment is back to its Feb. ’09 rate of 8.3%,
but only because the labor force participation rate has hit modern-era lows.” Why would any Jew vote for Pres. Hussein?
188. 01/29/2012 We love this quote from Rep. Allen West:
“We need to let President Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, (audience boos) and my dear friend the chairman of the Democrat National Committee, we need to let them know that Florida ain’t on the table,” West said. “Take your message of equality of achievement, take your message of economic dependency, take your message of enslaving the entrepreneurial will and spirit of the American people somewhere else. You can take it to Europe, you can take it to the bottom of the sea, you can take it to the North Pole, but get the hell out of the United States of America.”
Following cheers, West added, “Yeah I said ‘hell.'”
187. 01/14/2012 The Penn State scandal is horrific–it’s a combination of homosexuality and pedophilia. Disgusting. This is one of the reasons why we do not want homosexuality officially sanctioned in the Reconstructionist movement. We believe in “don’t ask, don’t tell” but if you see a homosexual act with a minor or minors involved, please report it to the authorities.
186. 01/14/2012 Update on the Republican primary:
a. Ron Paul is foreign policy kook. Yes, we like his economic ideas, but he has no understanding of the dangers of Islamo-Fascism to America and Israel.
b. Newt Gingrich is a disappointment to us–he is criticising Romney for Bain Capital; but this is an attack on capitalism and American Civilization!
c. Rick Santorum is way too social conservative to us. He’s a Big Government conservative and just loves those earmarks.
d. Rick Perry has also been a disappointment to us with his poor debate performance.
e. Mitt Romney is a RINO (though likable) and did not govern as a conservative in Massachusettes. However, we will hold our nose and vote for him if he’s the Republican nominee.
f. Michele Bachmann and Gary Johnson have dropped out; these two were our favorites, of course, but not that of the Republican rank and file. Gary might run as the Libertarian Party candidate. Hey, at least his foreign policy is better than that of Paul.
g. Who is Jon Huntman? Just kidding….he just doesn’t get our attention and shouldn’t get yours.
185. 01/14/2012 Here’s a great Objectivist link comparing Christianity and Islam, which should be read by every Jew: http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/culture/religion/6685-religious-conservatives-vs-islam.html
184. 01/14/2012 OK, that was a long vacation from this Blog. We hope everyone celebrated the value of Hanukkah: the courage to achieve to liberty.
183. 12/19/2011 Another dictator bites the dust. The North Korean Monster is now gone. Sooner or later the Koreans are going to understand that what works is not totalitarianism, but freedom. We mean: a strictly-limited constitutional republic, strict laissez-faire capitalism, and a strict meritocracy. A neponistic kleptocracy is repugnant to all Classical Reconstructionists.
182. 12/19/2011 The Obamas are taking another vacation–this one costing $4 million! This is obscene. The real unemployment rate is around 20% and Hussein is incapable of understanding what needs to be done–slash government spending and regulations, and let the private sector save the country.
181. 12/19/2011 As predicted, the Arab Spring has turned into the Arab Winter. All 23 Arab dictatorships need to disappear off the planet, especially the one in Syria. Who the hell is this guy to kill his own people? Meanwhile, the “suffering” people in Egypt have elected a group of Islamo-Fascists–how the hell is that going to help them? Just looking at the rock throwers in Egypt makes us sick, as does the fire in the Cairo Museum.
180. 12/19/2011 Of course we support the Keystone Pipeline. Anyone who opposes this has rocks in his head. Pres. Hussein: please get out of the way of the free market!
179. 12/19/2011 We still like Michele Bachmann and Gary Johnson, but their poll standings are not high. Of course, we would prefer any of the Republican candidates to Pres. Hussein.
178. 12/19/2011 We never liked Ron Paul because of his anti-Israel foreign policy. He doesn’t seem to mind that Iran is seriously working on atomic weapons! Therefore, we are dismayed at his current standing in the polls in Iowa.
177. 12/10/2011 Newt seems to be imploding as a Presidential candidate. He still endorses the notion of man-made global warming, and now he’s calling for U.S. marshalls to be sent to round up wayward judges. Tisk, tisk, we believe in the separation of powers. He’s lost our potential support.
176. 12/09/2011 We love hybrid gasoline-electric or Diesel-electric vehicles, but we are very doubtful about pure electric vehicles. Besides, the free market should decide what get’s produced, not the commie-Democrat government. From today’s editorial in IBD:
_ A123 Systems got $380 million in government support,which was supposed to create 3,000 jobs at itsbattery-making plant. Thanks to a sharp drop in orders,the company now employs just 690.
_ Johnson Controls built one factory instead of thetwo it promised after getting its $299 million stimulusgrant, “because of lower-than-projected demand,” the Post reports. And even that one is operating at half capacity.
_ Two electric-car companies—Think and Aptera—have already gone bust, cutting into sales at other government-backed battery makers.
_ Obama spent $257 million to help spur battery productionfor the Chevy Volt. But Volt sales have beenwell below projections, and that was before its batteries showed a tendency to catch fire after an accident.
_ A separate ABC News investigation found thatFisker Automotive, which got $529 million in loans tobuild two electric-car models, is more than a year behindschedule on its luxury Karma sports car — whichit’s going to build inFinlandanyway. And no one hasseen the lower-priced sedan that Fisker is allegedly going to mass-produce at an oldGMplant inDelaware.
_ Another new electric-car company, Tesla Motors, got $465 million loans to build its luxury Roadster and mass-produce a lower-priced Model S. But Tesla, which has never been profitable, has lost $523 million and admits in its SEC filings that it has “no experience to date in high-volume manufacturing of our electric vehicles.”
The Post story quotes an “auto battery expert” as saying that Obama’s electric-car push “is an investment that could have been planned better.”
But the problem here isn’t poor planning; it’s the very mission itself—trying to force electric cars on the market. Put simply, the government can’t and shouldn’t try to dictate what types of products get built and sold to consumers, no matter how noble-sounding the cause. This kind of industrial planning has never succeeded, and Obama should have known it wouldn’t work. It’s just too bad he decided to waste billions of taxpayer dollars to relearn this lesson.
175. 12/02/2011 Adapted from an unattributed viral e-mail. It didn’t seem to matter…
WHEN President Hussein refused to disclose who donated money to his election campaign, as other candidates had done, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he received endorsements from people like Louis Farrakhan, Mummar Kadaffi and Hugo Chavez, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN it was pointed out that he was a total newcomer and had absolutely no experience at anything except community organizing, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he chose friends and acquaintances such as Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn who were revolutionary radicals, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN his voting record in the Illinois Senate and in the U.S. Senate indicated an absentee senator, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he refused to wear a flag lapel pin and did so only after a public outcry, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN people started treating him as a Messiah and children in schools were taught to sing his praises, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he stood with his hands over his groin area for the playing of the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he surrounded himself in the White House with advisors who were pro-gun control, pro-abortion, pro-homosexual marriage and wanting to curtail freedom of speech to silence the opposition, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN his czars favored sex education in kindergarten, including homosexual indoctrination, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN his personal background was either scrubbed or hidden and nothing could be found about him, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he had an association in Chicago with Tony Rezko–a man of questionable character and who is now in prison and had helped Obama to a sweet deal on the purchase of his home– it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN it became known that George Soros, a multi-billionaire Marxist, spent a ton of money to get him elected, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he stood before the the American people and said that his intentions were to “fundamentally transform this Nation” it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN it became known that he had trained ACORN workers in Chicago and served as an attorney for ACORN, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he appointed cabinet members and several advisors who were tax cheats it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he appointed a Science Czar, John Holdren, who believes in forced abortions, mass sterilizations and seizing babies from teen mothers, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he appointed Cass Sunstein as Regulatory Czar who believes in “Explicit Consent,” harvesting human organs without family consent, and allowing animals to be represented in court, while banning all hunting, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he appointed Kevin Jennings, a homosexual and organizer of a group called Gay, Lesbian, Straight, Education Network as Safe School Czar and it became known that he had a history of bad advice to teenagers, it didn’t seem to matter. [UPDATE: more on the Fist f**king educator and Safe School Czar here]
WHEN he appointed Mark Lloyd as Diversity Czar who believes in curtailing free speech, taking from one and giving to another to spread the wealth, who supports Hugo Chavez, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN Valerie Jarrett, an avowed Socialist, was selected as Obama’s Senior White House Advisor, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN Anita Dunn, White House Communications Director, said Mao Tse Tung was her favorite philosopher and the person she turned to most for inspiration, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he appointed Carol Browner, a well known socialist, as Global Warming Czar in charge of working on Cap and Trade it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he appointed Van Jones, an ex-con and avowed Communist as Green Energy Czar it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN as President of the United States, he bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he traveled around the world criticizing America it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN his actions support the Palestinians over Israel it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he took American tax dollars to resettle thousands of Palestinians from Gaza to the United States, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he upset the Europeans by removing plans for a missile defense system it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he played politics in Afghanistan by not sending troops early-on when the Field Commanders requested them, losing lives in the process, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he’s spent us into a generational debt that is insurmountable, it didn’t seem to matter.
WHEN he took a huge spending bill under the guise of stimulus and used it to pay off organizations, unions, and individuals that got him elected, it didn’t seem to matter.
There are more pressing issues, damning issues, egregious issues that trouble the MSM to the point of obsession –
-Did Sarah Palin wear a windbreaker with the name of her husband’s dog sled team on it?
– Was Newt callous when he divorced his wife?
– Did Rick Perry’s family attend a summer campsite that once had a racist word written on a rock?
– Did Michelle Bachmann “get sloppy” with some trivial historical dates?
– Did Donald Trump raise his voice and curse at a luncheon?
– Did Sarah Palin give birth to Trig?
– Does Herman Cain have a wandering eye?
– Is Michelle Bachmann’s husband a repressed homosexual?
– Did Herman Cain pause too long before answering a question about Libya?
– Does Mitt Romney wear Magic Underwear?
THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT MATTER TO A NATION!
174. 11/23/2011 The school teachers are to blame for the disastrous lack of knowledge of Americans as to their great civilization. The time between 1865 to 1900 was when we had small government, laissez-faire capitalism, and a strict meritocracy. But the commie-Democrat school teachers refer to this period as that of “robber barons.” What we need to do is to privatize education and end the public school union–which is the mainstay of the Democrat party. What’s that is done we should have our Republic back.
173. 11/23/2011 There are zillions of auto insurance commercials on radio and TV. But there are no health insurance commercials. Why is that? That’s because of all the government regulation. We need to get the government completely out of health care–it’s only function should be as a referee to make sure all the players are playing fairly. The government cannot even run the Post Office at break-even–it’s losing billions, so how on earth is it going to run health care? We need more competition, not less!
172. 11/23/2011 It’s no surprise to us that the so-called “Super Committee” failed to reach an agreement. Aside from the military cuts, we like the automatic spending cuts which will take place in 2013. But, really, the Republicans should propose, now, a budget which cuts 50% of the Federal Government immediately–this would give us a surplus and the economy would boom. And, no, we’re not Keynesians!
171. 11/23/2011 We hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. If you could have anybody over for the dinner whom would you have? Our choices would be Mordecai Kaplan, Ayn Rand, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Calvin Coolidge, Samuel Alexander, Benjamin Netanyahu, Pamela Geller, and David Horowitz.
170. 11/06/2011 From Edward Cline of Capitalism Magazine, Oct. 21, about “Occupy Wall Street”:
“What I would like to do here to present The Naked Ape. I saw a picture somewhere of the protesters on which someone had written all the product names of the things worn and used by the protesters: the cap from Gap, the cameras by Sony, shoes by Nike, the iPods by Apple, and so on. In short, the protesters were protesting the corporations that produced those objects and which helped to facilitate their protest.
Now, governments produce nothing but forms and other kinds of paperwork, and even here government printing offices rely on technology and methods they never originated and could not improve on. The Congressional Record, the Federal Register, White House invitations, and your dollar bills all have their roots in some individual’s or private corporation’s innovation. All the desks, equipment, technology, family pictures, pens, pencils, glass in the windows, rugs, paint on the walls, insulation, flags, memo pads, etc. in any given politician’s office are all privately produced. Not even the military develops its own weapons; that task is farmed out to independent contractors in the private realm. There’s no such thing as a government tank factory or munitions farm.”
169. 10/31/2011 We are already paying 50 cents per gallon of gasoline for the maintenance of roads and bridges. So: why do the politicians keep wanting more? Oh–they’re using the 50 cents per gallon for other purposes…
168. 10/31/2011 The “Occupy Wall Street” crowd is the exact opposite of the Tea Party Patriot Movement. As we’ve always said, socialism is for children, capitalism is for adults. We stand for American Civilization, and that means the Tea Party!
167. 10/31/2011 So now a Saudi Royal is offering blood money for the capture of an Israeli soldier, who would then be used for exchange of terrorists and other assorted Muslim criminals in Israel’s jails. Our Torah specifically forbids kidnapping. Maybe it’s time for the Jewish Defense League to be reborn–it could go after thugs like this “Royal.”
166. 10/22/2011 It doesn’t surprise us that the Communist Party USA and the Naziis are supporting the “Occupy Wall Street Movement.” Why, oh why, do Jewish financiers continue to contribute money to the Democrats?
165. 10/22/2011 We are pleased that Steve Forbes is advising Gov. Rick Perry–now we have a a Republican candidate who supports the flat tax. Of course more details are needed before we can jump on Perry’s bandwagon.
164. 10/12/2011 We listened to the Republican debate last night, just as we have the other ones. Unfortunately, there is no perfect candidate:
a. Romney created “Romney-Care” and believes in “man-made global warming.” Bah.
b. Perry does not support a fence along the southern border to keep out terrorists and illegal immigrants. Bah.
c. Cain’s 9-9-9 plan means 9% tax on business gross receipts, not net profit. Ridiculous in the extreme. Bah.
d. Bachmann and Santorum believe that a human life begins at conception, rather than at the 20th week of a fetus. Who’s going to take care of all the unwanted children? Bah.
e. Paul, Johnson, and Huntsman do not understand the threat of Islamo-Fascism. Bah.
Therefore, we are totally undecided at this time–except for one thing: we will positively not support Pres. Hussein for re-election.
163. 10/08/2011 On Yom Kippur, we should all heed Israel Knox (p. 10 of The Days of Awe): “The Sovereignty of God is symbolic of the oneness of humanity in freedom, righteousness, and dignity. And if God is what is best and highest within us, reaching out to what is best and highest in the universe, then God is not in Heaven, but is a power in the world and in us for transforming ourselves and the world in preparation for the Kingdom.”
162. 09/29/2011 Happy Jewish New Year, everyone! Quoting from the Reconstructionist Days of Awe service book, p. 656: “Each of us is both mud and spirit–lowly creatures of the earth and children of the Most High. The shofar sounds rise upward, challenging us to follow.”
161. 09/17/2011 From today’s IBD Editorial Page:
“Global warming,” Lewis [a Nobel Laureate] wrote, “is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life.” There, in a mere 17 words, he summed up the climate change scare. Fire the entire staff of the JRF environmental group: Global Jewish Climate Change Campaign and Sustainable Synagogue Resources. What utter nonsense.
160. 09/14/2011 Pres. Hussein’s “Job’s Bill” is DOA. It’s just more of the same crap from the commie-Democrat party. What works is laissez-faire capitalism, not crony capitalism or socialism. The commie-Democrats have wasted $500 million of taxpayer money on a phony solar panel manufacturer; the free market would never have funded this pathetic company. The Energy Department should be abolished immediately. There is plenty of shale oil in Pennsylvania, if the commie-Democrats would just get out of the way–that includes you, Fast Eddie (nickname of the former governor of PA).
159. 09/14/2011 We’re pleased that Bob Turner, a Republican businessman, has won Anthony Weiner’s old seat in Queens. Maybe we’re finally getting through to the Jewish Community to stop voting for more spending and taxes.
158. 09/11/2011 Kudos to the architects, engineers, iron workers, and other construction workers for the rebuilding of the World Trade Center. And kudos to the Science channel, the History and History International channels, and the National Geographical channels for covering the events of 9/11 and the rebuilding. Whereas the Islamo-Fascists increase the entropy of the world, we Americans reduce it–we “repair the world.”
157. 09/06/2011 A great joke from Human Events: As winter approaches, keep Human Events‘s “Ten Most Dangerous Books of the 19th and 20th Century” in a pile by your fire or stove: The Communist Manifesto; Mein Kampf; Quotations from Chairman Mao; The Kinsey Report; Das Kapital; Betty Friedan’s The Feminine Mystique; Comte’s The Course of Positive Philosophy; Nietzsche’s Beyond Good and Evil; Keynes’s General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money. When a liberal asks what they’re doing there, reply: “Kindling.”
156. 08/30/2011 From CERN, no less, more proof of the nonsense of “man-made global warming”: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100102296/sun-causes-climate-change-shock/
155. 08/30/2011 The Nightly Business Report is, usually, the only worthwhile program on PBS. On August 22, an economist actually listed the barriers to employment (from the transcript on the PBS/NBR Web site):
SUSIE GHARIB: With the nation’s unemployment rate holding stubbornly above 9 percent, tonight’s commentator has a few thoughts on what’s holding back job creation. He’s Tim Kane, research fellow at The Kauffman Foundation.
TIM KANE, RESEARCH FELLOW, THE KAUFFMAN FOUNDATION:
“As a former economics professor, I’m supposed to say, there’s no such thing as a dumb question. But there are funny ones, such as, ‘where are the jobs?’
Consider just a few barriers.
One: A federal regulator recently blocked Boeing (NYSE: BA) from opening its new factory in South Carolina because that state, I’m not making this up, recognizes the “right to work.”
Two: A few years ago, Congress mandated that all the states pay 99 weeks of unemployment insurance instead of the normal 26. You get only half your lost wages but only if you promise to stay unemployed.
Three: Major trade deals that were signed by the last president remain unapproved by Congress because the 99-week unemployment system isn’t generous enough.
Four: Congress raised the minimum wage by over 40 percent in early 2007.
Five: The bipartisan Kerry-Lugar bill in the Senate would grant a new kind of visa, the startup visa, to immigrant entrepreneurs who create five jobs here in the U.S. But the white house said no, unless the bill also solves every other immigration problem.
Six: Corporations that do business here face the highest tax rate in the world — OK, second-highest behind Japan.
Seven: When a startup firm hires its first employee, it gets a surprise notice that it owes the state and federal government a new unemployment tax.
America literally taxes job creators for creating jobs. So, ‘where are the jobs?’ Are you serious?
I’m Tim Kane.”
154. 08/09/2011 IBD has the right ideas, as usual. From today’s editorial, what the Federal Government should do:
“cut corporate taxes, rein in the administration’s out-of-control regulators, kill ObamaCare, sign the pending free-trade deals, enact tort reform. The only thing lacking now is a president who is willing to admit that his policies aren’t working and who is open to trying something different.”
153. 08/08/2011 A great message from Wild Bill for America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XpVJAX0Yp0&feature=player_embedded; we ought to make him an honorary Classical Jewish Reconstructionist!
152. 08/04/2011 So now the commie-Democrats are referring to those of us in the Tea Party Patriot Movement as “terrorists” and “jihadists.” They lost the argument with us. We know that they have a serious addiction problem: they’re tax-and-spend-aholics….
151. 08/04/2011 Of all the states, NY has highest emigration rate. Gee, could it be the ludicrous taxes and bureaucrats in that state? And what about California, a state bankrupt in money and ideas. The chief psychiatrist of the prison system there “made” $838,706 in just one year. Kooks.
150. 08/01/2011 No, we don’t like the so-called Budget Deal. The commie-Democrats always want to cut defense and raise taxes. What’s new? We prefer the CATO Budget, which cuts the Federal Government by half. America is supposed to be the home of the free and the brave….
149. 08/01/2011 We call upon Classical Reconstructionist Jews to run against these Leftist Jewish Senators: Carl Levin, Frank Lautenberg, Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Charles Schumer, Bernie Sanders, Al Franken, and Richard Blumenthal. We also call upon Classical Reconstructionist Jews to run against these Leftists Jewish Representatives: Henry Waxman, Barney Frank, Sander Levin, Nita Lowey, Jerrold Nadler, Allyson Schwartz, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz. All of these politicians have forgotten Amercian and Jewish history: Jews do best under conditions of limited, Constitutionl government, not Big Government. The heyday for America was from 1865-1900; and the Jews back then were all Republican!
148. 07/29/2011 The well-known bimbo in the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, claims that she wants “to save the world from the Republican budget.” She and the “Progressive Caucus” are in complete and utter violation of the U.S. Constitution, and must be defeated in the next election.
147. 07/29/2011 Both Bill Kristol and Michael Savage are Big-Government conservatives. Kristol spews out nonsense in his Weekly Standard, effectively siding with Democrats. And Savage is clueless about economics–he actually called for fining businesses which move jobs oversees. The business climate in the U.S. is terrible now–because of the commie-Democrat Party. So what are businesses supposed to do? Even that crony-capitalist, Jeff Immelt (GE), is moving jobs to China, and he’s on Obama’s job commission! We Classical Reconstructionist Jews side fully with the Tea Party Patriot movement–we don’t want any additional government borrowing at all. Get out of the way of the Free Market!
146. 07/29/2011 The well-known RINO commentator, Larry Kudlow, has come out against a Balanced-Budget Amendment. He claims to be a “conservative”–but isn’t really. Recall that he supported all of the those Wall Street bailouts. And don’t forget that he converted from Judaism, which is based on congregations, to Roman Catholicism, an authoritarian, hierarchical religion–utterly opposed to free-thinking and laissez-faire capitalism.
145. 07/27/2011 We are disgusted with the commie-Democrat news media blaming Right-wing Web sites for the shootings of the Norwegian mad-man. We are well aware of the Islamization of Europe, but the way to go about changing the situation is not by killing one’s fellow Norwegians, but by persuading them of the danger. We think the work of Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller is excellent, and they are not to be blamed at all for the killings. We preach reason and persuasion, not Islamic emotion and terror. That the killer can get a maximum of only 21 years in jail (and not execution or, at least, a life sentence) is inconceivable to us. That Norwegian policemen do not ordinarily carry firearms is very, very strange. That it took them 90 minutes to get on the scene is an abomination.
144. 07/19/2011 From Steve Wynn, a Democrat businessman, on Obama–
“And I’m saying it bluntly, that this administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in my lifetime. And I can prove it and I could spend the next 3 hours giving you examples of all of us in this market place that are frightened to death about all the new regulations, our healthcare costs escalate, regulations coming from left and right. A President that seems, that keeps using that word redistribution. Well, my customers and the companies that provide the vitality for the hospitality and restaurant industry, in the United States of America, they are frightened of this administration.And it makes you slow down and not invest your money. Everybody complains about how much money is on the side in America.
“You bet and until we change the tempo and the conversation from Washington, it’s not going to change. And those of us who have business opportunities and the capital to do it are going to sit in fear of the President. And a lot of people don’t want to say that. They’ll say, God, don’t be attacking Obama. Well, this is Obama’s deal and it’s Obama that’s responsible for this fear in America.
“The guy keeps making speeches about redistribution and maybe we ought to do something to businesses that don’t invest, their holding too much money. We haven’t heard that kind of talk except from pure socialists. Everybody’s afraid of the government and there’s no need soft peddling it, it’s the truth. It is the truth. And that’s true of Democratic businessman and Republican businessman, and I am a Democratic businessman and I support Harry Reid. I support Democrats and Republicans. And I’m telling you that the business community in this company is frightened to death of the weird political philosophy of the President of the United States. And until he’s gone, everybody’s going to be sitting on their thumbs.”
143 07/02/2011 From today’s editorial page of Investor’s Business Daily:
“This administration simply can’t get the economy moving with its Keynesian policies and hard-left positions. The Republicans have a lot of material to work with. A few examples:
• Unemployment, at 7.6% the month Obama took office, is now 9.1%.
• Gross domestic product has grown a mere 0.8% in the 13 quarters since the recession began in December 2007. The average in past recoveries over that same time frame is 9.9%, according to Stephen Moore of the Wall Street Journal.
• The number of private-sector jobs has fallen by 2 million since Obama was sworn in.
• Nearly half — 46% — of the 6.7 million unemployed have been without work six months or longer, the highest percentage since Washington began tracking these data in 1948.
• Single-family home prices fell in March to their lowest level since April 2009.
• Gasoline prices are down a bit from a recent spike, but at $3.56 a gallon Friday they’re still far higher than they were when Obama took office and a gallon was only $1.80.
• On this president’s watch, the U.S. dollar has weakened. The dollar index, 86.216 on Jan. 20, 2009, had fallen to 74.35 by Friday, a drop of more than 12%.
• The federal debt is exploding. It is now at $14.3 trillion, about 70% of GDP. Before the $838 billion Obama stimulus became law, federal debt was 36% of GDP.
• The portion of Americans on food stamps, at 14.4%, hit a new high in April. The rate in the first days of this administration was 10.5%. That’s roughly a 37% increase in two years.”
Therefore, we hope that a real American President will get elected in 2012!
142. 05/30/2011 On Memorial Day, let’s reread the words of Mordecai Kaplan, et. al., from The Faith of America, p. 89: “We call to mind those who gave their lives that our nation might live. Alas that its preservation should have entailed the loss of so much treasure, should have brought so much suffering, should have demanded so many young and promising lives! The only fitting memorial…is our self-dedication to the task of abolishing all inner strife, hatred, and bitterness from among us. May the remembrance of the price we paid for our life as a nation impel us to seek justice, to foster freedom, and pursue the ways of peace. May our nation be a source of blessing to all its people and to the rest of mankind.”
141. 05/18/2011 From the extraordinary Pamela Geller from her blog:
Adherence to the Golden Rule may very well be a religious notion, but it is a rational and reasoned premise, with or without a deity. The existential war that Israel is facing is our war. It is the war of the individual. The eternal struggle of man against state, of the individual against collectivism, of freedom versus slavery. Since man rose up and walked on two legs, from the ancient era to the modern era, the fight is still the same. It is a struggle as old as time.
That is what is really at play here: the struggle between good and evil.
The hatred of Israel is a hatred that in itself is reviled by good rational men. Islamic societies are among the least developed cultures, the product of nomadic civilization. Their culture is primitive and barbaric, and they hate Israel because it is the sole beacon of modern science and civilization and technology in the Middle East. Ayn Rand said that when you have civilized men fighting savages, you support the civilized men, no matter what.
Israel is the only democratic nation in an otherwise Islamic Middle East of dictatorships and repressive Islamic states. Only in Israel can citizens, including Israeli Arabs, dissent from the government’s line and exercise the freedom of speech — yet “Palestinians” have the gall to claim that Israel is a human rights abuser. Israel’s legitimacy is established by its political freedom as much as by any religious and historical claims. It is a free society; the Muslim countries are slave societies. There is no comparison.
Israelis have made something of land that the Arab Muslims had largely abandoned as a desert. That, too, gives them a right to it. Israel has again and again sought peace with its neighbors, yet they’ve attacked it five times, and fired rockets and sent suicide bombers to murder Israelis on buses and in restaurants during periods of “peace.” Israel doesn’t “occupy” any land — Judea and Samaria were captured in war, and that is Jewish land in the first place, anyway. Throughout history, countries have occupied territories they needed to protect them from aggressive neighbors. Only Israel is denied this right.
The only thing Israel has done wrong has been to give away land in a vain hope for peace and not be tough enough with the genocidal Jew-hating jihadists. If the U.S. can bomb al-Qaeda sites in Afghanistan and Pakistan, why can’t Israel bomb Hamas fighters in Gaza? Israel stands for peace, for freedom, for democracy, and for human rights. Its enemies stand for jihad and the subjugation of the kuffar, and the enslavement of women. This is not a nationalist struggle, it is a jihad, and all the people that want to be free from Islamic law should stand with Israel.
Traditionally, Judaism has taught the importance of peace, the value of study, the centrality of family life, and the necessity of benevolence. Meanwhile, Islam teaches the importance of using physical force to get what one wants, the value of brute strength, polygamy (which reduces women to commodities and destroys the family as we know it), and the necessity of being “harsh” toward the unbelievers (cf. Koran 48:29, 9:123). The Islamic jihadists, far from valuing life, love death, as they themselves say, inflict pain without remorse and lack any respect for other human beings if they are not Muslim.
Therefore the struggle for Israel is the struggle between good and evil, light and darkness, life and death. If Israel dies, one of the primary forces for good in the world will have been overcome by evil, and evil will be that much closer to taking over the world.
The conquest of Israel would indeed be nothing more than the conquest of the good. That piece of beach, that narrow strip of land, holds no oil, gold, or any other valuable resources. It, however, holds the Jewish people. The Islamic world knows that getting control of that tiny patch of land is meaningless; it is getting the Jew out that will be the victory for the forces of evil. However, if the Jew dies, the Muslims will die as well: their survival depends on their constant jihad, because without it they will lose the meaning and purpose of their existence.
140. 05/16/2011 Twelve Reasons Why Jerusalem Should Remain United: http://www.onejerusalem.org/2011/05/12-reasons-why-jerusalem-must.php
139. 05/11/2011 Why should Assad be dictator of Syria? Because his father was dictator of Syria? It seems to us that, from the standpoint of both America and Israel, freeing Syria is much more important than freeing Libya. Besides, we still don’t know whether the Arab Muslims are capable of replacing autocrats with republicans, rather than with theocrats. Count us as dubious.
138. 05/11/2011 We are well aware that American culture is in serious decline. Other than the Atlas Shrugged Part I movie, the current movies are trash. Mrs. Obama has invited rappers to the White House–some of these actually glorify cop killers! Garbage. Albert J. Nock, the noted libertarian writer of the 1920’s-1930’s, was pessimistic about the America of the New Deal, and thought that only a small remnant of the past would exist in the future–maybe high in the Colorado Rockies….
137. 05/11/2011 Although we like Donald Trump for his excellent business acumen, we think that he needs to carefully study Objectivist philosophy so that he will have a better understanding of American Civilization; his policy positions seem to be all over the map. Other Republican Presidential candidates we find intrigueing include Herman Cain and Gary Johnson. Newt Ginrich is a fine policy wonk, but we have to wonder about his checkered personal life.
136. 05/11/2011 So Obama has revealed his long-form birth cirtificate; we have to conclude, therefore, that he was, indeed, born in Hawaii, not Kenya. However, the Constitution requires that one be a “natural born citizen” to be eligible to run for President. This has, in the past, been interpreted to mean not only that one must be born within the U.S. or its territories, but also that both parents be U.S. citizens. This latter constraint is not satisfied in Obama’s case, and therefore the situation is still not fully resolved.
135. 05/11/2011 Naturally we are happy that the U.S. Navy Seals knocked off Osama Bin Laden. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword. We find it amusing that one of Bin Laden’s sons is contemplating suing the U.S.–good luck with that! Islamo-Fascists have no business being are on our planet….
134. 05/11/2011 Glenn Beck, the radio and TV talk show host, is supportive of both American and Jewish Civilization; however, we wish that he would stress reason, not faith, and self-esteem, not self-sacrifice.
133. 04/28/2011 We just saw preacher Franklin Graham on the O’Reilly Factor. Graham really, really irritates us: he keeps saying that “only through the Lord Jesus Christ can one be saved.” This is garbage–the truth, of course, is that only by ethical living, i.e., by practicing the Golden Rule and not intiating force, theft, or fraud, can one achieve salvation. Franklin, you’re dead wrong and you should apologize to the world for your remarkable stupidity. Also, your idea of “burning in hell” is fallacious; seriously evil people do not have souls (or metaphysical units or ethical control units) and so they do not survive at all after death.
132. 04/19/2011 Our country does not have titles of nobility, so we don’t understand the fascination some Americans have with the upcoming British Royal Wedding. We agree with Seinfeld’s comments in this regard:
“Well it’s a circus act, it’s an absurd act,” Seinfeld said (via the Daily Mail). “You know, it’s a dress-up. It’s a classic English thing of let’s play dress-up. Let’s pretend that these are special people. OK, we’ll all pretend that — that’s what theater is.” After a few backhandedly kind words about British theater, Seinfeld said, “And that’s what the royal family is — it’s a huge game of pretend. These aren’t special people — its fake outfits, fake phoney hats and gowns.” And besides: Dr. Michael Savage, the scientist and independent conservative talk show host is still banned in Britain.
131. 04/18/2011 We wish a happy Passover to everyone. At the Seder, please stress the parallel of the deliverance of the Israelites from slavery to freedom with the deliverance of the American Colonists from the tyranny of the British Royals. Remember what it says on the Liberty Bell: “Proclaim liberty throughout the land and unto all the inhabitants thereof.” This comes directly from the Jewish Torah (Leviticus 25:10)! America’s Founding Fathers knew this well! The American Jewish community has done extraordinarily well, and we should all give thanks for that. Another thing to do at the Seder is to recall a few of the famous Jewish immigrants who have come here, including Ayn Rand and Irving Berlin. Rand was born in Russia to a Jewish family, and always considered herself to be a “Jewish Intellectual.” She had an amazing appreciation of American Civilization and could project what would happen if America’s basic founding principles were rejected. A great symbol of American innovation is the creation of a new material, like Rearden Metal, as portrayed in Atlas Shrugged. Dagny Taggart, the heroin in the novel, understood this thoroughly–she constantly wore the bracelet made from the first heat of the new metal….Rand was both a feminist and a male chauvinist!
130. 04/18/2011 Our blog is being read much more frequently than before, and we’ve gotten many positive comments–see the Comments section! We are aware of various browser issues, but that’s due to WordPress, not us. We have no plans at this time to go “mobile”, but most smart phones and pocket PC’s should be able to display the blog acceptably.
129. 04/15/2011 IBD reports today that the so-called $38.5 billion in federal budget cuts isn’t; the 2011 budget is actually $17 billion more than the 2010 budget! The Republicans got rolled….
128. 04/15/2011 A group of us–Classical Reconstructionists, Objectivists, Libertarians, Republicans, Conservatives, and Mensans attended the 2:20 p.m. showing, in the Metropolitan Philadelphia area, of the movie Atlas Shrugged–Part I. To our pleasant surprise, the movie was amazingly accurate in its transcription to the big screen of Part I of Ayn Rand’s famous philosophical novel. Of course, some of us wish that Rand had been a Transnaturalist, rather than an atheist–but this is irrelevant here. Rand’s brilliant understanding of American Civilization (and its anti-pode, Soviet Russia) is all that counts. Most of us had read the novel one, two, or three decades ago, probably like you, so it’s recommended to restudy the book or philosophy before going. Andrew Bernstein’s Cliffs Notes version is very helpful in this regard. Let’s hope this movie has a major, positive effect in restoring American culture to its former glory. Remember: this is an intellectual battle between Left and Right, and those of us on the indivdualist Right must have the intellectual ammunition to save America from the collectivist Left.
127. 04/13/2011 It’s essential that Classical Reconstructionist Jews play a pivotal role in restoring our American Civilization and our Jewish Civilization. We should demand the resignation of the Leftists at the RRC and in Jewish Reconstructionist Federation.
126. 04/13/2011 We aren’t surprised at Pres. Hussein’s ridiculous budget proposals; he’s still playing the Left’s class-warfare card. Garbage. We support the Paul Ryan or Rand Paul plan or that proposed by the CATO Institute. Any of these would be a vast improvement over what we now have.
125. 04/07/2011 The Federal Government shutdown doesn’t bother us much. Excepting the military, the federal courts, and the like, most of what the U.S. government currently does is in violation of the U.S. Constitution anyway. Kudos to Rep. Paul Ryan for proposing a reasonable budget, although Sen. Rand Paul’s would be even better. As experts on both American and Jewish Civilizations, we are sick and tired of the thieves, parasites, looters, moochers, and grifters. Responsible, productive individuals should be rewarded, not irresponsible, unproductive ones.
124. 04/07/2011 Many of us like Donald Trump and do hope that he runs for President.
123. 03/25/2011 Kudos to The Teaching Company for their transcription of excellent college courses. Their DVD’s can help keep college graduates up to date on the latest findings of scholars.
122. 03/25/2011 We are pleased that Israel will finally be deploying the “Iron Dome” to protect the country from missiles coming from Gaza. We are also pleased at the warm reception given to Sarah Palin and her family in Israel. Palin is a Tea Party Patriot favorite.
121. 03/25/2011 The loss of approx. $300 billion to the Japanese is real. The rebuilding is not going to “stimulate the economy.” Yet there are numerous Leftist economists who peddle this nonsense. The $300 billion would have gone to the creation of further wealth, not to get back what was lost. Everyone should read Henry Hazlitt’s famous book, Economics in One Lession, to fully appreciate this.
120. 03/25/2011 Again, we would like to see the Libyan dictator go, but we fear that the so-called “rebels” may be even worse. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and so we find ourselves oddly supporting Pres. Hussein in the “kinetic military action.” There won’t be American boots on the ground (other than CIA, etc.), and it will be up to the Libyan people to choose their government (we hope). On the other hand, we don’t know of any major national or rational self-interest for us to be there, although we do need clear sea lanes in the Mediterranean. By the way, why not knock out the Somali pirates while we or NATO are in the region?
119. 03/25/2011 Kudos to the Japanese for not resorting to looting, unlike the Haitians, after their catastrophic earthquake and tsunami. We think the situation with the atomic reactors has been a bit overblown. Major engineering projects are built to withstand 100-year events, not 500-year events or 1000-year events. Still, it seems to us that the emergency Diesel-generators should have been placed in an upper story of the buildings, not the basement; it’s because they were flooded by the seawater that the reactors lost electrical power to run the cooling systems, causing the reactor rods to overheat.
118. 03/10/2011 Pres. Hussein says that “It would be much easier to be President of China.” Of course. Hussein is a Muslim-Communist. What would you expect? A real American?
117. 03/10/2011 NPR, which we call “National Propaganda Radio” or “National Palestine Radio” finally has gotten their comeuppance. Kudos to investigative journalist O’Keefe, https://www.theprojectveritas.com/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=9. Government funding of NPR should end immediately.
116. 03/10/2011 We have heard good reports, so far, about the forthcoming film, Atlas Shrugged, Part I. Let’s hope it comes close to the greatness of Ayn Rand’s most famous novel.
115. 03/10/2011 Kudos to Rep. Peter King for his hearings on Islamo-Facsism. Just listen to the ignorant commie-Democrats whine. Pres. Hussein, in contrast to Rep. King, is holding hearings on school bullying. Jeez.
114. 03/10/2011 Again we say: drill, baby, drill. The U.S. has plenty of oil, natural gas, and coal in various places all over the country and off-shore. There is no reason for us to be dependent on the Middle East.
113. 03/10/2011 School teachers in Wisconsin make $101000/year in pay and benefits. This is ludicrous–they should pay for their own pensions, like we do in the private sector! We say: privatize the school system now! Let’s have a free market in education, not government schools (except for military academies).
112. 03/10/2011 Great column today by Larry Elder: http://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/2011/03/10/whos_crazier_–_charlie_sheen_or_the_left_wing. This is a black columnist; those of us in the Tea Party Patriot Movement are not racists or collectivistis–we are individualists who love the basic premises of America: individual liberty, self-responsibility, free enterprise, limited government, and a strong defense.
111. 03/05/2011 Kudos to the Escape channel of Sirius/XM satellite radio. This music helps to relieve stress and makes us feel happy. Have a listen.
110. 03/05/2011 Morris Dees, the sanctimonious Leftard of the Southern Poverty Law Center, has declared that SIOA (Stop the Islamization of America) is a hate group. Morris, you’re a sick crack-pot. Real Americans believe in limited Constitutional government, not Sharia Law, you idiot.
109. 03/05/2011 Look at the rubbish left by the commie-Democrat teacher union in the Wisconsin capitol. The AWOL Democrat legislators should be recalled and replaced. Unlike the private sector, collective bargaining has no place in the public sector–these same Democrat teachers contribute to the Democrat politicians, who then turn around and pay them back….all to fleece the taxpayer! Garbage!
108. 03/05/2011 We think the Federal Government should not spend more than it takes in–starting now. Forget budget compromises to save a few billion dollars. We need to cut hundreds of billion dollars from the budget. The parasites have to go.
107. 03/05/2011 It’s been over a month since our last post…but there hasn’t been much of a change in the news. We don’t know if the autocrats in the Middle East will be replaced by theocrats or by republicans. We’re dubious about the latter possibility, but we’re not entirely pessimistic. It’s great to see Col. Qaddafi in trouble, and we hope his regime falls. Of course, we’d really like the Iranian regime to go, but that’s highly unlikely. But thank goodness for the Stuxnet virus which has helped stall Iran’s atomic weapon progress.
106. 01/30/2011 We are well aware of what’s going on in Egypt. Please recall that Anwar Sadat, who made peace with Israel, was assassinated by the Muslim Brotherhood. Mubarak has been in charge since, which is over 30 years and thus way too long, so an uprising was inevitable. We hope that the forces of secular democracy and liberty will prevail, and we’d like to see someone like Ataturk take over Egypt and every other Arab and Muslim dictatorship, but we don’t see anyone like Ataturk now in that region of the world. Our fear is that the Muslim Brotherhood, which spawned Al Queda, will take over, which will then cause still more headaches for America and Israel.
105. 01/30/2011 Wikipedia has become a sick joke. In the article on Reconstructionist Judaism, we have tried to insert an external link to this Blog, and we have attempted to add our Statement of Principles to the Discussion section, all to no avail. The article there is devoid of any serious content and thus is worthless.
104. 01/28/2011 Here’s a list of current Elective Courses at the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College:
- The Contemplative Reading of Jewish Texts
- Group Spiritual Direction Training
- Jewish Meditation
- Judaism, Gender Theory and Feminist Theology
- Levinas Seminar
- Parashat HaShavua: Hasidic Derashot
- Queering Jewish Studies
- Rabbinical Leadership for Public Life: Jewish Funds for Justice: Congregation-Based Community Organizing
- Readings in Hasidic Literature
- The Sefas Emes on the Parashah
- Torat HaGuf
- Torment and Ecstasy in the Teachings of Rebbe Nahman of Brazlav
- Women’s Studies Seminar
- Yiddish Literature and Culture
There is nothing here on American Civilization. Feminists and homosexuals are catered to, but not “real” Americans. Again, we call for an end to the funding of the RRC and JRF until they “wise up.”
103. 01/26/2011 The U.S. Constitution, Amendment IV, guarantees that citizens are to be free of “unreasonable searches and seizures.” Therefore the invasive pat-downs of TSA employees are un-Constitutional, and so we call for their immediate end. Instead, the TSA should follow the procedures of the Israelis in securing airline safety: use threat-profiling! Also: we like what the rail service currently does–use bomb-sniffing dogs to find terrorists.
102. 01/26/2011 There is no “Supreme Judge of the Universe” who decides what happens to us after death. The process is natural and automatic: the state of the Metaphysical Unit at the time of death does not change–it “is what it is.” Presumably it has gained knowledge during the immediate prior incarnation and will continue on the path of becoming an angel with the next and succeeding incarnations. Likewise, ensoulment is an automatic and natural process: a soul links up with an advanced hominid brain sometime after neocortex brain waves begin (at about the 20th week of a fetus). There is no “person” prior to the beginning of human brain waves, and so abortion should be allowed prior to this. So we are moderately pro-choice, but we certainly don’t want government funding of abortion. Precisely when the soul enters, after the inception of human brain waves, is not clear to us yet, but there should be a scientific means to find this out.
101. 01/26/2011 Whenever you hear a commie-Democrat preach “investment” (as in the State of the Union Speech), run away as fast as you can. What a commie-Democrat means by “investing ” is “spending taxpayer money on phony government union work.” JFK’s worst mistake was allowing the formation of public sector unions; because there is no competition in government, unlike in the private sector, there is no way for citizens to “buy” from someone else. SEIU and other government unions, including the NEA, should be abolished.
100. 01/26/2011 According to the Drudge Report, the Governor of Hawaii, a strong supporter of Pres. Hussein, cannot find Hussein’s birth certificate! We call upon the U.S. House of Representatives, now under Republican control, to investigate this matter thoroughly.
99. 01/23/2011 We enjoy listening to talkshow host Dennis Prager, a conservative Republican. He is a Reform Jew–and he has stated many times that he is a supernaturalist and that he believes that the Jews are the “Chosen People.” Of course, we are not supernaturalists, and we think the “Chosen People” concept is outdated (and, in fact, harmful to us). Nonetheless we enjoy Prager’s trenchent critism of the Left; clearly, he loves both America and Israel, just as we do.
98. 01/23/2011 As Classical Reconstructionist Jews, we are experts in both American Civilization and Jewish Civilization. We are dedicated to preserving and advancing both.
a. There are three basic political-economic systems: anarchy, minarchy, and collectivism (socialism, fascism, communism, Islamo-fascism, and the welfare state). Madison said, “Men are not angels, therefore government is necessary.” Jefferson said, “That government which governs least, governs best.” Thus, as real Americans, we are minarchists: we believe in a strictly-limited Constitutional republic. We support Tea Party Patriots, conservative Republicans, and minarchist Libertarians. We repudiate anarchy and any form of “big government.”
b. There are are three basic philosophical-religious systems: atheism, transnaturalism, and supernaturalism. But: atheists cannot explain goodness–if we were purely physical/biological beings, where do ethics come from?–and supernaturalists cannot explain evil–if there is an all-seeing omnipotent supernatural being, why does He allow evil to flourish? Only a Transnaturalist can explain both good and evil: evil results from the lack of a Metaphysical Unit in the criminal (or else one so weak relative to the life unit as to be ineffective). And, by the way, there is no dualism in the Metaphysical Realm–all units there are “good.” See Kaplan’s The Religion of Ethical Nationhood (particularly pp. 51-56) for a discussion of this issue.
97. 01/23/2011 Whereas Blacks, Hispanics, Irish, and Italians admittedly commit most of the violent crimes in America, WASPs and Jews commit most of the financial crimes. Therefore the Jewish Community needs to do a better job of teaching business ethics to children. We like this “below-the-line reading” on p. 64 of the current Jewish Reconstructionist Shabbat Service Book: “If a person studies and helps others to do so, if one’s business dealings are decent and trustworthy–what do people say? ‘Happy is the one who studied Torah, and the one who teaches Torah!'” Of course, we believe in personal responsibility, not community guilt, but we must never allow another Bernie Madoff to arise.
96. 01/23/2011 Kudos to the History Channel and the Military Channel for showing us what World War II was really like. The latest series are in color, and we’ve learned plenty. We had no previous inkling of the depth of the Nazis’ belief in the occult and astrology. We did not know (or have forgotten) the vital role that Philadelphia played in the manufacturing of the goods required for the war. The animated maps shown in the various series make everything very clear as to what happened and when.
95. 01/23/2011 We say the Shema to affirm that there is one Metaphysical Realm of our Multiverse. This Realm is not some anthropomorphic or supernatural deity or “judge.” Rather, this Realm is discretized into soul units, so the “control” is “distributed” not “centralized” into one being. Kaplan points out (pp. 104-106 of Questions Jews Ask: Reconstructionist Answers) that our Metaphysical Units are personal to us!
94. 01/20/2011 Sometimes our Jewish Brethren make us shake our heads. a. Rep. Barney Frank (D, MA) is still unapologetic for the Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac mess; these government agencies are a trillion dollars in debt. b. Rep. Steve Cohen (D, TN) says that the proper function of government is to give the people “health, education, and jobs.” What a dunce! No, Steve, the proper function of government is to protect our rights to life, liberty, and property–which means that the government should apprehend and try criminals, and protect our borders from foreign invaders and terrorists. But: Rep. Eric Cantor (now number 2 in the House) gives us hope!
93. 01/19/2011 From Newt Gingrich–1968 reasons to repeal the Orwellian “Affordable Care Act”: http://www.healthtransformation.net/galleries/wallcharts/HHSSecretarialPowersCenterforHealthTransformationv3a1.18.11.pdf
92. 01/13/2011 Some of us are enthralled, and some of us are appalled, by the History Channel’s series Ancient Aliens. We are, of course, open-minded sceptics, and we know that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. We don’t think that the series has delivered the necessary proof, although it certainly has us thinking. The “ancient astronaut theorists” postulate that extraterrestrials (from planet “12” in Sumarian mythology, or from the fourth planet of the Zeta 2 Reticuli solar system in the contemporary mythology) modified the DNA of pre-homo-sapiens-sapiens and thereby created our species. They gave us the technical know-how to create the Egyptian and Myan pyramids. They warned Noah of the impending flood. They guided Moses through the desert, and lent him a a manna-making -machine (atomic-powered, no less!). They landed their spacecraft near the Prophet Ezekiel. Some “ancient astronaut theorists” even believe that Akhenaton, Jesus, and Buddah may have been actual aliens! But we have some questions: 1) Where is the alien code in our DNA? 2) Where are the alien bodies or, at least, the skeletons? 3) Where are the ancient (or contemporary) alien spacecraft? Surely some of them must have crashed–Roswell is inconclusive. 4) If aliens had all this information, where did they themselves get it? To ascribe our achievements as other-worldy is to deprecate man’s mind. Rather than actual visitation from aliens, it seems more plausible to us, as Classical Reconstructionists, that our ancestors used their intuition, as well as their reason, to achieve human advancement. Intuition may be considered to be communication between Metaphysical Units; it is therefore possible for us to gain potential knowledge (to be verified) from other Metaphysical Units (whether incarnated or not). Some of these Units may have much more advanced knowledge than us, which they might share with human individuals who have prepared themselves by deep study to receive such telepathic communication. Telepathy appears to take place without regard to the normal space-time speed limits of our universe. Of course, we enjoy Star Trek and Stargate like everyone else, but the physics portrayed in such science fiction is completely at variance with what we know now, and thus we are very dubious about the prospects for “warp drive” or faster than light speeds. Thus, the reason why we have as yet not been able, positively, to observe interstellar space travel by advanced beings is that the distance between inhabited solar systems is so great; for example, the distance to Zeta 2 Reticuli is 39 lightyears. But show us real proof and we’ll change our minds….
91. 01/09/2011 The Arizona shooter was not some “Right-wing nut,” as portrayed by some in the media (including Fox News, of all places). Rather he’s a a Lefitist/Collectivist–a supporter of either naziism or communism. The Congresswoman, Giffords, who’s Jewish, was formerly a Republican and now a “Blue-dog” Democrat–conservative on fiscal issues. Those of us on the Right are individualists and are minarchists (not socialists or anarchists), and we are completely opposed to the initiation of force, theft, and fraud against anyone. We would only take up arms against government officials if our rights to life, liberty, and property, including freedom of speech and press, were taken away; specifically, if Internet blogs such as this were shut down by the government or if conservative/libertarian talk radio were shut down or if Investor’s Business Daily were shut down, etc. None of this has happened or is likely to happen. Thus we remain peaceful, if fairly strident, citizens.
90. 01/08/2011 We are pleased that the Republicans in the House read aloud the Constitution. Of course, the mentally-retarded and mentally-ill commie-Democrats snickered. What else would you expect from a party which has advocated un-Constitutional legislation for over 100 years?
89. 01/08/2011 The federal government now has over $14 trillion of debt and has over $100 trillion in liabilities. Should the debt ceiling be raised? We say a resounding “No!” Henceforth the USA should spend no more than it takes in. Period.
88. 12-26-2010 John Stossel, the libertarian Fox News Channel and Fox Business Channel reporter, is Jewish. Who knew? His latest piece, “Top 10 Politicians’ Promises Gone Wrong” is wonderful–it shows a great understanding of economic science! Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsUZkxyYJUk.
87. 12-26-2010 Kudos to the National Museum of American Jewish History–go here for a fine YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBmglA-yCCk.
86. 12-25-2010 The 2010 JRF conference program is here: http://jrf.org/files/FINAL_2010_CONVENTION_PROGRAM_BOOK.pdf. You can verify for yourself that the Leftists have a firm hold on the movement–there were workshops for “social justice,” “economic justice,” and “environmental justice.” There was, however, one workshop on the “Mordecai the Pious”–this might have been acceptable to Classical Reconstructionists. But there were no workshops covering the basic principles of American Civilization (the Constitution, free enterprise, etc.) or Jewish Civilization (Zionism, etc.). Manifestly, the religion of most of the attendees and workshop speakers is “political liberalism,” not the religion of Mordecai Kaplan. In our opinion, a better use of everyone’s time would have been to read or re-read any of Kaplan’s books, particularly Questions Jews Ask: Reconstructionist Answers.
85. 12-18-2010 We are aghast that the military’s rule of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” for homosexuals has been repealed by Congress. This will weaken unit cohesion and may lead to lower re-enlistment rates. At the very least, we demand that there be no “public displays of affection” by homosexuals; we especially consider “Gay Pride” parades on public streets (or military bases, for that matter) to be disgusting. Of course, we don’t care what adults do privately and consensually, but we don’t want to see irrational, unclean behavior in public!
84. 12-14-2010 The commie-Democrats have learned nothing from the mid-term elections–they just dumped, on Congress, a 1924 page bill appropriating 1.1 trillion dollars and containing over 6000 earmarks! Update: this meshuga bill has been withdrawn!
83. 12-04-2010 The New York City Council has some members who have an inverted morality: they want the Ground Zero Mosque but don’t want a Walmart!
82. 12-02-2010 Larry Elder, the “Sage of South Central,” has a great column today at IBD and World Net Daily. Here it is (with our few disagreements in square brackets):
President Obama’s fiscal commission supposedly offers an “aggressive prescription” to reduce the federal deficit. It’s not just the debt and deficit, stupid. It’s the size, scope and bloat of the federal government. Here’s our plan:
1. Accept the political reality that (a) taxes cannot be raised, and (b) entitlement spending (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid) cannot be cut for current or near-future beneficiaries. Voters will not vote to raise their taxes. Voters will not vote to cut off their money. And politicians want votes.
2. To solve this, we need to raise money. How? Fund current and near-term liabilities by selling federally owned land. The government owns more than one-fourth of the land in America. The land use could then be taxed, raising still more revenue.
3. Sell or contract out government enterprises, including but not limited to Amtrak, the Tennessee Valley Authority, Hoover and Bonneville dams, operation of the post office, and government-run nuclear and other power plants.
4. Shut several federal departments and agencies, including Energy, Education, Labor, HUD, HHS (including the Surgeon General), Interior (no need after government land is sold), Commerce and the EPA. [Commerce will probably have to be kept because of inter-state business laws; contract specialists from the other departments can be folded into Commerce.]
5. “Grandfather” workers 55 and older into existing Medicare and Social Security plans. Offer those under 55 the option of setting up private savings accounts in lieu of Social Security. To replace Medicare, offer those under 55 the option of putting tax-free money into health savings accounts.
One can buy, as with car insurance, a policy with a high deductible for catastrophic care. Other medical needs would be paid for out of the HSA. Such insurance would be cheap, and when people pay directly (not via a third party) for other medical needs, they’re better shoppers, and providers would compete to provide quality affordable care.
6. Grandfather everyone now on Medicaid, and then admit no more people and end the program at the federal level. Charity is not allowed by the Constitution, and it should be left to the states or to the private and nonprofit sectors. Once voters — of whom many are on Social Security or will be within 10 years — realize that they will not be “hurt,” they’ll be more likely to support this plan and to vote in politicians who do.
7. Change the law giving businesses write-offs for offering health insurance to their employees. People don’t get car insurance or homeowners insurance through their employers. Why health insurance? Give individuals that same deductible (assuming the IRS remains), thus encouraging individuals to purchase their own policies. This would end the “portability” problem that occurs when people lose or change jobs. [disagree with this–it’s up to each business to decides its employment benefits]
8. To ensure that the federal government does not re-bloat, pass a constitutional amendment that limits the federal government to a small fixed percentage of GDP.
9. Abolish the IRS. With a dramatically reduced government, the essential federal duties — set forth in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution — could be paid for, as envisioned by the Founders, by duties and tariffs on imports and exports. [disagree with imposition of tariffs]
10. Amend the Constitution to deny citizenship to children of illegal aliens. America — unlike most industrial nations — grants citizenship to children of illegal aliens simply because they were born on its soil. The 14th Amendment was meant only to confer citizenship on newly freed slaves, not on illegal aliens. But since the Supreme Court has ruled otherwise, the Constitution must be changed. Illegal immigration is unfair to those lawfully trying to gain entry, costs taxpayers money and affects the country’s culture. Citizens ought to have a say about this.
11. Increase the number of, and ease the process for, legal immigrants — tailored to high-end, well-educated foreigners who would add to the industrial capital of the nation. Establish a truly temporary guest-worker program, the size and duration of which would be determined by the country’s needs. Hold back a portion of the alien’s salary in a government account, to be given back only when the alien leaves.
12. Close the borders. Put the appropriate mix of border guards, fencing and other methods of policing the border and stopping aliens from entering, whether from the south or the north. Establish a means of monitoring those here legally so they do not overstay. Check the immigration status of everyone arrested, and turn illegals over to ICE. Mandate E-Verify for all workers. Require all illegal aliens to register with the feds, and deport those convicted of serious crimes beyond illegal entry and using fraudulent documents to obtain work, granting legal status, but not citizenship, for the rest.
13. Amend the Constitution to overturn Supreme Court decisions that prohibit states from denying free public education and medical benefits, including emergency benefits, to illegal aliens.
14. Our military exists for our own national security. Europe and Japan can and should defend themselves. End all nondefense foreign aid, including contributions to the International Monetary Fund and to the World Bank.
81. 11-04-2010 Pamela Geller, over at Atlas Shrugs, says it best about the election results:
Government is not the answer — it destroys everything it touches. We must take back the culture, becuase politics is merely a reflection of the culture. The left has the culture in a chokehold. They demonize the successful and hardworking and exalt failures, moochers and looters — an inverted moral priority.
Our victory is the beginning of the 40 years war — who is with me?
We will repeal national socialist Obamacare.
We will destroy all old propaganda media. New media is steamrolling over the deadmen walking.
We will repeal the financial reform bill that scapegoated business for the abject failures of the fed.
We will take back the college campuses.
We will get on our childrens’ school boards and, just like in Texas, change the whitewashed history books and review the syllabi.
Get government out of our lives. Dismantle big government. Piece by piece.
Deregulate business. Piece by piece. Sector by sector. Unshackle the motor of the country. Free the producer.
We will volunteer in homeschooling networks. We will donate and offer our services in our respective areas of expertise.
Unshackle America. Repeal “hate crime” legislation. All crime is hate. This is an attack on free speech. Islamic supremacists will invoke “hate speech” to kill free speech.
We will expose and prosecute the subversives like CAIR, ISNA, ICNA, ISNA and all Muslim Brotherhood fronts whose stated aim is “eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within.”
We will call our mortal enemy by its rightful name: Islamic jihad.
We will turn the Muslim Brotherhood into the Muslims Little Girlyhood.
We will stop funding Ground Zero Mosque Imam Rauf’s fund raising junkets to the Middle East.
We will stop importing whole Muslim communities from Somalia under the “UN’s Resettlement Program.”
We will ridicule, polarize, and render irrelevant the dogmatic, evil leftists.
We will crush them with our logic and reason and concrete facts.
We will demand reasoned discourse and laugh at their ad hominen attacks.
RINOs will not be tolerated. Leave the party, join the traitors. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, take note.
Drill baby, drill.
We will raise the voting age to 21. Military excluded. If “children” are still on their parents health-care at 26, maybe 21 is too low.
We will mandate trips for key liberals in leadership to Iran, Somalia, Darfur, et al, to watch clitorectomies, stonings, and gender apartheid.
We will arrange for youth summer camps in Somalia and Darfur for Obama’s youth corps, and tell them it’s the peace corps for the lefties.
We will demand accountability from the United Nations, or withdraw from it.
We will save Israel from Islamic anti-semitism.
We will disqualify the Organization of the Islamic Conference at the UN until there is an Organization of the Christian Conference and Organization of the Jewish Conference.
This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. — Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Posted by Pamela Geller on Thursday, November 04, 2010 at 02:00 AM in CONSERVATIVE COUNTERINSURGENCY/GUERRILLA NEWSFARE, Take Back America!
80. 10-19-2010 We love Dr. Michael Savage’s new book, Trickle-Up Poverty (except we disagree with his proposed tariff on China). Ted Nugent’s insightful review is here: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/oct/13/a-savage-display-of-conservative-intellectual-fire/.
79. 10-17-2010 Wikileaks is at it again–stealing U.S. military documents; this is a huge theft. Where is Interpol? Where is the International Court in the Hague? Perhaps a few Army Rangers should capture the staff of Wikileaks and bring them to justice in the U.S.
78. 10-17-2010 I Want Your Money is a great documentary–it compares and contrasts the policies of Ronald Reagan and Hussein Obama. There are cameo appearances by Milton Friedman, Andrew Breitbart, Chris Edwards, Newt Gingrich, Stephen Moore, Steve Forbes, and numerous others. There are numerous funny lines, mostly against Democrats but a few against Republicans like George W. Bush and Richard Nixon. From our perspective we’d like to have the federal government have the same proportion of the GDP it had in 1922, or perhaps 1890. The experiment with socialism has utterly failed. Reagan, Coolidge, Harding, Lincoln, Madison, Jefferson, and Washington are our favorite Presidents.
77. 10-05-2010 Some of our favorite Tea Party Patriot signs include the following:
Capitalism is NOT the problem; Ivy League politicians ARE
DC: Find Another Country to Pillage and Plunder
Don’t spread the wealth; spread my work ethic
Free Markets, Not Free Loaders!
HONK … If I’m paying your mortgage
I Am Not Your ATM
If Dependence Is Your Idea Of HOPE,
You Can Keep The CHANGE.
I’ll Pay For My House, You Pay For Yours
Instead of Apologizing for America,
Apologize TO America
Just say NO … to Socialism
Justice Trumps Fairness
Liberty is All the Stimulus We Need
No Public Money for Private Failure
Obamanomics: Chains You Can Believe In
Oh. Now I See. Change Means Socialism
Reward Responsibility, Not Irresponsibility
Save Trees: Stop Printing Money
Socialism: Because Everyone Else Deserves
Some Of WHAT YOU WORKED HARD FOR
Socialism: Your Tax Dollars at Work, for Those Who Won’t.
Stop Punishing Success; Stop Rewarding Failure
Stop The Looting
The problem with socialism is that eventually
you run out of other people’s money.
What’s in Your Wallet. Wait a Sec. That’s MY Wallet!!!
Where is John Galt?
Why Should I Pay for YOUR Bad Decisions?
You Can’t Multiply Wealth by Dividing it
Your Mortgage is NOT My Problem
76. 09-21-2010 Ahamadinejad is in New York for a UN meeting. We suggest that the FBI arrest him and extradite him to the International Court at the Hague. He should be charged with attempted genocide of the Jewish People and sentenced to life in prison….but we are not holding our breath.
75. 9-15-2010: Kudos to the Tea Party Patriots who defeated the RINOs in yesterday’s primaries. We are sick and tired of fake Republicans and Leftist Libertarians. In politics we follow the teachings of Ayn Rand and Barry Goldwater, both of whom loved America and the principles of liberty.
74. 9-15-2010: The mainstream media loves to present the atheistic views of two particular “celebrity” scientists, Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking. What these two scientists and the media, in general, do not understand is that there is an alternative to both atheism and supernaturalism/fundamentalism, namely the Reconstructionist view–Transnaturalism. We have two essential proofs:
1) ethical values, such as the Golden Rule, manifestly exist; but these values are contrary to both physics and biology–physical and biological law cannot and do not explain everything in our world;
2) ESP (telepathy, clairvoyance) exists, at least to a small degree, in human beings; careful experiments by parapsychologists over more than 100 years have shown above chance results, although replication has, admittedly, been difficult; but ESP is beyond our space-time existence, and therefore a Metaphysical Realm exists which is beyond space-time–ESP communication takes place between metaphysical units and is thus non-physical. So there, Dawkins and Hawking.
As for the Kabbalah, there is just enough truth in there to make it worth studying and pondering, but then we go back to our scientific laws and equations….we are not mystics!
73. 9-13-2010: This year is the 50th anniversary of the Sharon Statement of Principles of the Young Americans for Freedom. It still reads very, very well:
The Sharon Statement
Adopted in conference at Sharon, Connecticut, on 11 September 1960 [at the estate of William F. Buckley]
In this time of moral and political crises, it is the responsibility of the youth of America to affirm certain eternal truths.
We, as young conservatives, believe:
That foremost among the transcendent values is the individual’s use of his God-given free will, whence derives his right to be free from the restrictions of arbitrary force;
That liberty is indivisible, and that political freedom cannot long exist without economic freedom;
That the purpose of government is to protect those freedoms through the preservation of internal order, the provision of national defense, and the administration of justice;
That when government ventures beyond these rightful functions, it accumulates power, which tends to diminish order and liberty;
That the Constitution of the United States is the best arrangement yet devised for empowering government to fulfill its proper role, while restraining it from the concentration and abuse of power;
That the genius of the Constitution- the division of powers- is summed up in the clause that reserves primacy to the several states, or to the people, in those spheres not specifically delegated to the Federal government;
That the market economy, allocating resources by the free play of supply and demand, is the single economic system compatible with the requirements of personal freedom and constitutional government, and that it is at the same time the most productive supplier of human needs;
That when government interferes with the work of the market economy, it tends to reduce the moral and physical strength of the nation; that when it takes from one man to bestow on another, it diminishes the incentive of the first, the integrity of the second, and the moral autonomy of both;
That we will be free only so long as the national sovereignty of the United States is secure; that history shows periods of freedom are rare, and can exist only when free citizens concertedly defend their rights against all enemies;
That the forces of international Communism are, at present, the greatest single threat to these liberties;
That the United States should stress victory over, rather than coexistance with, this menace; and
That American foreign policy must be judged by this criterion: does it serve the just interests of the United States?
[The only line needed to be updated is the one about international Communism; the threat now is, of course, Islamo-Fascism. There was a gathering in Washington, D.C., recently of the signatories to this Statement–now they refer to themselves as the OAF, the Old Americans for Freedom!]
72. 9-12-2010: From p. 896 of the Reconstructionist Prayerbood for the Days of Awe: “God’s name had four letters, each of which corresponds to one aspect of reality. The world is a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual reality. Kabbalah, Jewish mysticism, speaks of the four worlds–a physical, an emotional, a mental and a soul world. In each of these four realms of human experience, a Jewish person is called upon to sanctify the name of God.” This statement is perfectly rational and in accord with modern science. There is a physical realm and a Metaphysical Realm; a buman being is comprised of a body (which is a spatial physical structure), a mind (which is a temporal physical structure, with both emotional and rational components), and a spirit (which is a unit from the Metaphysical Realm). We love the “below-the-line” commentaries of the Reconstructionist service books.
71. 9-9-2010: Happy High Holidays, Everyone. From p. 379 of the Reconstructionist Prayerbook for the Days of Awe: “In the book of life, blessing, and peace, and proper sustenance, may we be remembered and inscribed, we and all your people, the house of Israel, for a good life and for peace.”
70. 9-8-2010: It is legally permissible to burn a flag or burn a book, including the Koran. It’s also legally permissible to build a mosque near Ground Zero. However: that doesn’t make it the right thing to do! Social intelligence and proper etiquette tell us not to burn flags or books or build mosques near Ground Zero. Think this through, people.
If the pastor in the Florida church wants to burn something, try this: burn copies of the charters of Al Queda, Hamas, and Hezballah. That would be much more proper and sensible, because it would distinguish between “moderate” Muslims and the Islamo-Fascists.
69. 8-31-2010: Great article in todays’ Investor’s Business Daily–the story of the founders of Dannon Yogurt, Isaac and Daniel Carasso, a Jewish father and son team. Daniel attributed his long life of 103 years to eating three servings of yogurt a day plus plenty of fresh fruit. Kudos to two great Jewish businessmen!
68. 8-30-2010: The mainstream news media keeps saying that Glenn Beck’s Rally to Restore Honor had just “tens of thousands” of attendees, but the aerial pictures show something on the order of 500,000 (plus or minus 100,000). This cheers us up, although we prefer the slogan “Reason, Purpose, Self-Esteem” or “Universal Freedom, Justice, and Peace” to “Faith, Hope, Charity.” Beck’s heart is in the right place, even though he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed. We cannot fault anyone who makes an effort to use the ability that one has.
67. 8-30-2010: From whom did Irving Berlin, the great Jewish-American song-writer, get “God Bless America”? From his mother, of course, who said that where else other than America could their family settle? Berlin was a life-long Jewish Republican who loved this country and who gave America some of its favorite music! Shame on you commie-Democrats who hate America.
66. 8-27-2010: Katie Couric thinks it’s amusing that so many Americans believe the President to be a Muslim. Well, duh: Islam has patrilineal descent, and Obama’s father was a Muslim, who became a Communist. Like father, like son–Hussein Obama is a Muslim-Communist just like Daddy was. Now, of course, this is more in a “cultural” sense, rather than in a religious sense, as we don’t have any evidence that Hussein commonly attends a mosque. After all, he was a member of Rev. Wright’s black liberationist church, which teaches Marxism (but he, apparently, was never baptized). So we stand by our characterization and you, Katie, should wise up.
Reconstructionist Judaism accepts both the reality of biological evolution and the existence of the Metaphysical Realm. “God the Life of Nature” is a famous Reconstructionist prayer (see pp. 757-759 of the current Shabbat Service Book) which poetically elucidates the levels of existence in an evolutionary fashion. We condense it, and provide a descriptor for each section, as follows:
Space-Time: “God is the oneness that spans the fathomless deeps of space and the measureless eons of time, binding them together in deed, as we do in thought.”
Matter: “God is the sameness in the elemental substance of stars and planets, of this our earthly abode and all that it holds. God is the unity of all that is, the uniformity of all that moves, the rhythm of all things, and the nature of their interaction.”
Life: “God is the mystery of life, enkindling inert matter with inner drive and purpose.”
Human Beings: “God is the creative flame that transfigures lifeless substance, leaping into ever higher realms of being, brightening into the radiant glow of feeling, ‘til it runs into the white fire of thought.”
Alien Life Forms: “We cannot deem this earth, this tiny speck in the infinitude, alone instinct with God. By that token which unites the worlds in bonds of matter are all worlds bound in the bond of life.”
Metaphysical Realm: “God is in the faith by which we overcome the fear of loneliness, of helplessness, of failure and of death. God is in the love which creates, protects, forgives. It is God’s spirit that broods upon the chaos we have wrought, disturbing its static wrongs, and stirring into life the formless beginnings of the new and better world.”
Of course, we don’t understand this prayer to be a hymn to pantheism. The properties of space-time itself give rise to matter and physical aggregation and life and biological evolution. The combination of a soul (a unit from the Metaphysical Realm) and an advanced primate produces a human being.
64. 8-20-2010: Sometimes a YouTube video says it better than we can; go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_adn4vXl4. As Reconstructionist Jews we know that we don’t have supernatural protection; but each ethical person has a metaphysical unit–a soul–and so gets angry when an injustice is done or is about to be done. We are not just big-brained animals; we have our spirit to help guide us.
63. 8-17-2010: Iran is a state-sponsor of terror and its leaders have vowed to “wipe Israel off the face of the map.” Therefore, Israel has every right to attack, preemptivly, Iran’s atomic weapon sites (“atomic power plants”, sure). We would prefer, of course, that the U.S. and NATO would help out, but Israel may have to go it alone, as in the previous situations with reactors in Iraq and Syria.
62. 8-17-2010: We take a moment here to stop bashing Leftist Reconstructionist Jews and bash, instead, the so-called “Jewish Renewal Movement.” Arthur Waskow, the putative leader of this “liberal” sect, is (believe it or not) in favor of building the victory mosque near Ground Zero. Just looking at a picture of this guy, you know he’s chemically imbalanced. These “peace at all cost” individuals will get us killed if we don’t stop them. Hey, Waskow, why don’t you demonstrate in Saudi Arabia for the building of a synagogue? You low-IQ buffoon! As talkshow host Dr. Michael Savage always says, “Liberalism is a mental disorder.”
61. 8-17-2010: Walk into any Walmart or Golden Correl and look at all the morbidly obese people. These people have misunderstood their bodily signals; they eat when they should find a means to increase their thyroid hormone T3. There are supplements, such as 7-Keto DHEA, which increase levels of T3 and metabolism. Conventional physicians, who are paid by the pharmaceutical companies, commonly prescribe various hormones–but these can be very dangerous. So, first try to increase your metabolism naturally. Those of us on the Right are self-responsible–we don’t immediately run to the “helping professions” when we have a problem. We do our own research, and we always question “authority.”
60. 8-17-2010: We saw the report that 30-40% of college students are “depressed” and are being given “medication.” People who drink alcohol too much, or smoke cigarettes or pot, or “do drugs” are, most likely, attempting to treat depression or other chemical imbalances. Most such people should, instead, try natural remedies first, like SAM-e, 7-Keto DHEA, and DMAE. Of course, exercise is very important, as well. The Life Extension Foundation, at www.lef.org, lists thousands of scientific papers supporting the previous statement; go forth and learn.
59. 8-13-2010: From time-to-time we will provide happy news here, not just negative. For example, we recently found out that Edwin Land, the founder of Polaroid, was Jewish. How many of you knew that? It turns out that he is number two (to Thomas Edison) in the number of U.S. patents held!
58. 8-13-2010: Now President Hussein is sending the Imam responsible for the mosque to be built near the 9/11 site on a worldwind tour–to raise the $100 million necessary to build it. What more proof do you need that Hussein is a Muslim…and a Communist?
57. 8-08-2010: We interrupt this stream of bad news with some good news–the high-tech sector of Israel now accounts for the second highest number of stock listings on NASDAQ. Congratulations to the hard-working, intelligent, entrepreneurial Israelis who’ve accomplished this feat!
56. 8-07-2010: Nancy Pelosi and her gang of commie-Democrats want to spend another $18 billion (update: $26 billion) to bail out various states. First we ask, where in the U.S. Constitution does it say that the Federal Government has the authority or responsibility to bail out a state for fiscal malfeasance? Second, where is Nancy going to get the money? The U.S. is already broke. What needs to happen is that the governors of the various states should slash employee pensions and reduce the salary of most government workers to the minimum wage. We have to laugh at the discovery of a city manager in Bell, California who was paying himself $800000 a year. In the private sector, he would probably be worth only the minimum wage….Update: this guy was actually paid $1.54 million/year and has a $600000/year pension. You dumb stupid Democrats!
55. 8-07-2010: Michelle Obama should change her first name to “Marie.” She and her entourage are spending $375000 of our tax money on a vacation in Spain! This is at a time when the real unemployment rate (including “discouraged” workers) in the U.S. is close to 20%!
54. 8-07-2010: Christopher Hitchens, the noted author, now has esophogeal cancer. Yes, we know he’s a Leftist and an atheist, but at least he’s anti-Islamist (and we have to admit that his writing is superb). Actions do have consequences; Hitchens has been a big-time smoker and boozer his whole life–and the natural result is cancer. Various prayer groups have sprung up to pray for him; we don’t believe in supernatural miracles, but it would be appropriate to pray that an effective treatment, in accord with science, be found.
53. 8-05-2010: A homosexual judge in California has just thrown out the votes of 7 million Californians in overturning the ban on “gay marriage.” Whereas we support homosexual civil unions, we do not support “gay marriage.” It’s up to each state in the country to decide whether or not it to allow it; so far, 19 states have voted it down. We don’t have a problem with the Reconstructionist “committment ceremony.” But, please, don’t tell us that the combination of two men, or two women, is equivalent to the combination of a man and a woman. This amounts to a denial of the facts of reality.
52. 8-05-2010: We disagree with anarchists just as much as we do with socialists. Anarchists, including the so-called “anarcho-capitalists” at the Lew Rockwell Web site, are just another group of Leftists. They hate America and Israel and they do not respect intellectual property rights. Can you imagine this? Some of them even have the nerve to refer to themselves as “libertarians.” Ridiculous; the word “libertarian” has always meant “minarchist.” But it gets worse: there is another group of anarchists who commonly demonstrate at meetings of the G7 or G20 or Gwhatever; they riot and destroy property. These dunces clearly have little knowledge of political economy and the absolute necessity of having a minimal state which has a monopoly on the use of retaliatory force against those who initiate force. Without objective control of the use of retaliatory force, there would be chaos.
51. 8-04-2010: Commie-Democrats commonly refer to themselves as “Progressives”–they actually believe that having “bigger government” and “more socialism” is “progress.” What??? The government should simply be an honest, impartial, objective referee for our society–not a player. The more the government has, the less we have. The miseducation of these “Progressives” will be ended when we finally privatize the educational system and rid the country of the NEA. The government’s role in education would then be, not as a player, but as a referee, making sure there is no force, theft, or fraud in private schools. Most businesses are honest, but we are painfully aware of the relative few who are not–and these few must be made to pay restitution to their victims.
50. 8-04-2010: Mayor Bloomberg–the Democrat, RINO, Independent, nanny–supports building a mosque two blocks from Ground Zero, saying that it’s a question of “religious freedom.” Huh? To us it’s a question of religious sensistivity, of which the Muslims who want to build this monstronsity have none. Saudi Arabia, the likely funder, has absolute no synagogues or churches in its kingdom; they must allow synagogues and churches to be built in Mecca and Medina before we will reconsider. Heck even the ADL understands this matter….
49. 7-30-2010: Since the 1930’s, Keynesian economists have been preaching the “multiplier effect,” in which (supposedly) government deficits can “pump-prime” the economy. This never made logical sense and has now been thoroughly refuted empirically; governement costs are overhead (not stimulus) and, as such, take money away from production and the accumulation of wealth in the private sector. Every time we see Keynesian economists like Krugman or Blinder on TV we get mad; these dolts spew pure nonsense. We need to teach and spread the free market economics of Jewish economists like Milton Friedman, Ludwig von Mises, and David Ricardo.
48. 7-30-2010: Let’s step back a moment to review the broad sweep of the history of Jews in America. In the 18th century, Jews such as Haym Solomon helped finance the American Revolution. In the 19th century, Jews from Germany, mostly Reform, came to America and became prominent businessmen and professionals; in the latter half of the century, they were almost entirely upper middle class and upper class Republicans–and thought America was the new Zion. In the 20th century, Jews from Eastern Europe came to America and brought with them Orthodox Judaism and socialism. Unfortunately, the Jews who were already here failed to properly acculturate the new Jewish Americans–and the result was that the majority of Jews became Democrats. Later on in the 20th century, Jews from the Soviet Union and other communist countries came here–and became Republican, because they had already lived under socialism and knew how evil it is. At the present time, the majority of Jews are still Democrat, but younger individuals are more and more becoming Republican.
47. 7-20-2010: We’ve always agreed with Goldwater that it’s a mistake to incorporate fundamentalist religious dogma into the Republican Party. When talkshow hosts start preaching “salvation by grace” we get nervous. As Jews, we know there is no such thing. No one can be a “pinch hitter” for your life. You have to earn both material and spiritual values fairly and squarely. At the time of death, the mind, body, and soul separate; the soul is what it is at that point and so the “judgment” is automatic. Presumably, the soul has gained valuable knowledge during the particular incarnation and will do an even better job on the next go-around. “Intuition” is the means by which the soul and the rational mind communicate; there is nothing “mystical” or “supernatural” about “intuition.”
46. 7-20-2010: We figured out how George Soros, the wealthy financier, operates, and why he is on the Left. He shorts the currency of a target country, then he fosters Leftist, socialist policies which eventually bring down the economy, and then he profits as the value of the currency falls. This is a disgusting way to make money. Hey, Soros, try producing a product or service that people want and make a profit that way!
45. 7-20-2010: The commie-Democrats are now playing the “race card” against the Tea Party Patriot Movement. Ridiculous. Walter E. Williams and Thomas Sowell are well-respected (Black) economists associated with this movement. We believe in a strict meritocracy and therefore can in no way be collectivists or racists. The commie-Democrats are clearly desperate–they realize that we on the Right are going to take back our country this November.
44. 7-12-2010: Members of the New Black Panther Party should be arrested, tried, and jailed for voter intimidation. We took a look at their Platform–it’s anti-America, anti-Israel, anti-Jewish. We estimate the IQ level of the individuals who wrote this drivel to be 82.
43. 6-18-2010: Now we find that out that, from day one, it’s been the Coast Guard that’s keeping the oil skimmers docked and preventing foreign ones from getting here (some garbage about a “Jones Act” or some other such legal nonsense). So, 25000 barrels of oil a day are being captured, whereas 35000 barrels of oil (approximately) are being leaked. Therefore, morons, we need far more skimmers! We charge the Coast Guard with malfeasance; their job is to protect the coast and they’ve failed. Yes, BP has to make restitution to the victims of the spill (and a fine for each gallon leaked), but the Federal Government is also negligent….
42. 6-16-2010: We agree with Stop the Islamization of America that the proposed NYC mosque should not be built. This building would be an insult to those lost in 9/11/2001 and their families.
41. 6-16-2010: The dunces in the Administration and at BP do not seem to know how to capture the oil–use giant pumps or oil skimmers to get the oil/water mix or the oil into nearby supertankers. The goal here is not “clean-up”, but “capture.” This gusher is proof that the Earth is not “running out of oil.” There is no reason at all for a “moratorium” on drilling in the Gulf by other companies; if their rigs have been properly inspected, then they should be allowed to continue to drill! NorLense is a a Norweigan company with expertise in offshore oil recovery–go here: http://www.norlense.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11%3Aapent-hav&catid=7&Itemid=6&lang=en.
40. 6-4-2010: The well-known commie-Democrat she-ape reporter, Helen Thomas, should have her press credentials revoked (and a bag put over her head) for the remarks she made about Israel and the Jewish People. Update: she’s gone!!!
39. 6-2-2010: The so-called “Gaza humanitarian aid” ships were full of violent provocateurs. Israel’s blockade is morally proper–it is to prevent arms from getting to the terrorists in Gaza. However, to avoid bloodshed in the future, perhaps the Israelis could disable the ships first and then simply tow them to port for inspection.
38. 5-26-2010: Given the dire situation of Jewish demographics, we suggest the JRF and JRC set up, or work with, a Jewish dating service.
37. 5-26-2010: As rational scientists, engineers, and businessmen we have a solution to the Gulf oil spill: use supertankers with huge pumps to soak up the oil. The former president of Shell Oil was on CNBC this morning and has suggested this to BP–but we don’t have BP’s response yet. There really is no reason to waste this oil at all!
36. 05-16-2010: Instead of an environmental center and a “social justice” center, what the JRF and RRC should really have are:
a. A Center for Jewish Civilization
b. A Center for American Civilization
How many students at the RRC could respond orally to a question based on any of the topics covered in the index of Kaplan’s Judaism as a Civilization? How many students at the RRC have read The Federalist Papers? Not many, we wager.
35. 05-13-2010: We judge individuals by their character and their intelligence. But we received a very funny e-mail recently comparing the physical attractiveness of Republican women with Democrat women. So here goes (with some slight editing):
Republican Women: Sara Palin, Angie Harmon, Carrie Prejean, Michelle Malkin, Elisabeth Hasselback, Janine Turner, Debbie Schlussel, Ann Coulter, Monica Crowley, Michelle Bachman, Hanna Giles, Pamela Geller
Democrat Women: Michelle Obama, Janet Reno, Lynn Stewart, Nancy Pelosi, Helen Thomas, Susan Estrich, Andrea Dworkin, Madeline Albright, Rosie O’Donnell, Hilary Clinton, Janeane Garofalo, Barbara Streisand, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagen
Any questions as to why Republican men are happier?
34. 05-12-2010: Orthodox and Conservative Jews still pray for bodily resurrection after death. Reform Jews believe in a one-time incarnation of an immortal soul. Humanist Jews think that death is complete obliteration. So: what do Classical Reconstructionist Jews believe? There is a hint in Kaplan’s Judaism as a Civilization that the correct answer to what happens after death is reincarnation. A one shot incarnation strikes us as improbable. Just as there is biological evolution, there is moral evolution: the soul, a metaphysical unit, improves with each incarnation, eventually becoming an “angel.” Just as biological evolution takes billions of years, so may moral evolution. At death, the body, a spatial unit, separates from the mind, a temporal unit, and both decay. The soul, a metaphysical unit not constructed of space-time units, survives. As the Jewish prayer Adon Olam asserts, the Metaphysical Realm is beyond space and time.
33. 05-12-2010: The correct principle of distributive justice is not Marx’s “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.” Instead, the correct principle is Nozick’s “From each as they choose, to each as they are chosen.” (R. Nozick, Anarchy, State, and Utopia (New York: Basic Books, Inc., 1976), p. 160). Nozick’s work should be studied at the RRC.
32. 05-12-2010: Pres. Hussein Obama has applied pressure on the Germans to bail out the Greek leeches. This is highly improper. Frankly, the whole idea of a euro-zone is a mistake; the nations comprising it are too disparate. If each had its own currency, as before the euro, the free market would automatically adjust the various national currencies to reflect the relative national productivities. The Greek currency would then naturally fall in value.
31. 05-12-2010: We like the picture of Elena Kagan playing softball…but in other regards, we realize that she’s just another clipped-hair commie-Democrat union lawyer. Her senior thesis at Princeton University was about the history of socialism in New York. She wants limits placed on free speech, particularly the speech of corporations. We don’t care about her lesbianism–she’s not obnoxious about it; besides, the reports may be wrong. However, she doesn’t accept “Don’t ask, don’t tell” for the military, and she opposed having the ROTC at Harvard. Therefore, we oppose her nomination to the Supreme Court.
30. 05-07-2010: Newsweek (“We are all socialists now”) is up for sale; hey, Mr. Alter, has it ever occurred to you that your political beliefs are dead wrong and that’s why no one is buying your rag? Joe Klein, of Time magazine, has said that Glenn Beck is practically “seditious.” Nah, Mr. Klein, it’s you and your publication which are practically seditious–you are just another creepy Anti-American.
29. 05-07-2010: The Greek debt crisis represents the end result of socialism–one out of three Greeks works for the State and is paid way out of proportion to his or her actual contribution to the society. Government is overhead and therefore should be minimized. The Greeks need to return to the private sector and actually work to produce products of value.
28. 05-04-2010: The commie-Democrat news media kept saying that the NYC Times Square bomber was “a white male”–then it turned out that he’s a Muslim from Pakistan and a registered Democrat in CT!
27. 05-02-2010: We received this e-mail today:
To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,
It is now official. You are ALL corrupt morons:
The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.
Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
You have FAILED in every “government service” you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?? Just look how screwed up VA Hospitals are.
26. 05-01-2010: An ethical individual does not sacrifice himself to others or sacrifice others to himself. A homicide/suicide bomber sacrifices himself to others (his terrorist bosses) and others to himself (the innocent civilivans he kills). Islamo-Fascism, which sanctifes this behavior, is therefore an abomination.
25. 05-01-2010: We are pleased that the well-known Christian bigot, Franklin Graham, has been disinvited from the Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer. We are sick and tired of these religious throwbacks who claim that their way is is the only way.
24. 05-01-2010: The oil spill in the Gulf is most regrettable. The $700 million rig had numerous safety features built-in, and so therefore we suspect sabotage. The Internet is rife with conspiracy theories (it was North Korea, EarthFirst, Iran, etc.), but we will wait for more evidence.
23. 05-01-2010: Janet Napolitano, the ugly, clipped-hair commie-Democrat ditz running the Department of Homeland Security spends her time arresting a few militia members–instead of protecting the borders against Islamo-Fascists and illegal aliens. This buffoon was asked “Are the borders of Arizona secure?” Her response: “That’s an unfair question!” This bimbo needs to be replaced forthwith by a real American!
22. 05-01-2010: For your edification and entertainment, here are the basic principles of the Democrat Party:
1. “The Democrat Party is run by thieves for the benefit of fools.”
2. “The whole purpose of the Democrat Party is to forcibly take money from productive, intelligent people, and give the stolen loot to unproductive, stupid people, in exchange for votes.”
3. “Democrats are lower-middle class people who allege problems of the working class and lower class as an excuse to steal from the upper-middle class and upper class and to enrich themselves as government bureaucrats.”
4. “The Democrat Party is for the low-IQ, lower classes; it’s for thieves, parasites, looters, and moochers who don’t want to work in the free market. The difference in IQ between a Republican/Libertarian manager and a Democrat/Socialist labor union member is 30 points! I supervise Democrats; why would I want to be one?”
Thus, here’s a good response to use at a cocktail party: “I don’t need the Democrats to take my money and then tell me how to run my life or my business. Get lost.”
21. 04-29-2010: In the first week upon taking office, Obama removed the bust of Winston Churchill. Can you believe this nonsense? Churchill was a great friend of Americans and of the Jewish People; we demand that Obama bring Churchill’s bust back to the White House!
20. 04-29-2010: While we generally like Glenn Beck’s work, we wish he would use a slogan other than “Faith, Hope, Charity.” This is trite. The Objectivist slogan, “Reason, Purpose, Self-Esteem”, is better and more appropriate for America. Our nation was founded during the Age of Englightenment, when Reason finally triumphed over superstition. Reconstructionist Judaism is a religion of the Enlightenment, of Reason.
19. 04-29-2010: One of the basic principles of Reconstructionist Judaism is democratic synagogue administration. We therefore urge the adoption of Robert’s Rules of Order by all synagogues; thisparliamentary rule book is the means by which Americans implement our democratic ideals.
18. 04-29-2010: Men and women often vote differently. Men, going by logic, tend to vote Republican/Capitalist, whereas women, going by emotion, tend to vote Democrat/Socialist, both here and in many other countries. Because of the female vote, many countries are now nearly bankrupt. So what can be done? In Reconstructionist Judaism, we posit equal rights for males and females, and this extends to religious and secular education. For centuries Jewish men were taught to think logically in the exegesis of the Torah, the Talmud, the Commentaries, and the Law Codes, and to apply the knowledge gained to real life cases. We now need to teach logic to both sexes, so that both men and women will vote logically, not emotionally.
17. 04-29-2010: Abe Foxman, of the ADL, has recently attacked Glenn Beck, the TV/radio commentator. Beck, who is mostly self-educated, has been doing a great job of teaching basic American principles. While we appreciate Foxman’s work in combatting anti-Semitism, we disagree with his politics completely. The elderly Leftist has been promoting FDR’s New Deal and Big Government for decades. He even supports Jimmy Carter! It’s time to sit down, Abe.
16. 04-27-2010: The well-known commie-Democrat Senator, Carl Levin, is conducting a “show trial” against Goldman-Sachs. To their credit, officers of the investment firm acquitted themselves well, indicating the important value of risk mangement and short-selling. What really should be done is to conduct a “trial” of Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Franlin Raines, and others, as to how they forced banks to lend to undeserving individuals. The real culprits here are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, not short-sellers.
15. 04-27-2010: The Federal Government has failed in one of it’s primary missions: protecting the nation’s borders. Millions of Mexicans and others have crossed over the Southern border, illegally, and have wreaked havoc on our institutions. We therefore support the State of Arizona’s recent law permitting police to inquire into the legal status of individuals stopped for other reasons. If the individual is here illegally, then he or she should be deported. Of course, we support legal immigration to the U.S. of self-supporting individuals who truly want to be Americans. If you want to come here, come through the “front door”, not the “back door.”
14. 04-25-2010: While we agree with many conservative commentators, we do have some differences. For example: Lora Ingram and Ann Coulter keep insisting that Christianity is the “one true religion”–this is obnoxious and keeps some Jews from joining the “Right Wing.” And: Dennis Prager, a Jew, keeps stating that “The Jews are the Chosen People.” This, too, is highly obnoxious. As Reconstructionist Jews, we advocate an end to that notion; we should, instead, simply strive to be a “Holy People.” We ask that Christians stop the nonsense that “Jesus is the only way to salvation.” And we ask that Muslims stop preaching that Mohammed was the “Last Prophet.” There are always new prophets. Mordecai Kaplan, in the 20th century, was certainly one…
13. 04-23-2010: The “liberal” Jewish Establishment cheered the 1993 Oslo Accords and, to this day, they seek a “two state solution.” Of course, we wouldn’t be against a free, peaceful minimal state on the West Bank…but this isn’t what the Arabs have in mind. There are already 23 Arab dictatorships (of one degree or another), so it’s ridiculous to advocate for another one. Look what happened in Gaza! We say: the citizens of Israel should wait until there is a true reformation/reconstruction of Islam which makes it more like the peaceful B’hai faith. At that point (perhaps hundreds of years from now) there will be a chance for peace. In the meantime, the Jordan River makes for a perfectly fine military boundary. Jews should be able to live anywhere in the West Bank they wish.
12. 04-23-2010: Jon Stewart, the Leftist comic on the Comedy Channel, keeps attacking conservatives and Fox News, so turn-about is fair play. Stewart, a Psychology major in college, was (is?) an admirer of Eugene Debs (the noted Socialist), according to Wikipedia. Clearly he has little knowledge of American Civilization and little knowledge of math, science, engineering, or business. Reconstructionist Jews should shun him. A much better comic, and one who is pro-Israel, is Dennis Miller!
11. 04-19-2010: We stand 100% with the Tea Party Patriot Movement. The members of this movement have an excellent understanding of American Civilization–unlike most journalists, actors, actresses, school teachers, or professors. With the educational establishment, the mainstream news media, and the entertainment sector against us, we must redouble our effort to persuade all independent-thinking Americans to save our civilization from the collectivist fools.
10. 04-19-2010: The Uniform Commercial Code functions as an excellent minimal code of law for most businesses. However, the financial sector needs a separate code, given the last 200 years of bank failures. Just as professional athletes need a rule book, so do banks and financial institutions: we need reasonable standards for bank reserves and liquidity; downpayments for homes and commercial real estate; margin requirements for stocks; and security ratings. Perhaps commercial banking and investment banking need to be separate, as formerly mandated by the Glass-Steagall Act. Of course, we must be careful not to overdo the rules and stifle financial innovation. Transparency and fraud protection are the two most important goals to be achieved. No financial entity should be “too big to fail.”
9. 04-19-2010: As spelled out by Thomas Sowell in The Housing Boom and Bust the principal cause of the financial crisis was the government’s policy of promoting mortgages to unqualified individuals via Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. These two corrupt government agencies need to be privatized. Wall Street played a relatively minor role by attempting to spread the risk.
8. 04-14-2010: Jews, Christians, Buddhists, and Hindus should join forces to defeat the Islamo-Fascists. The Koran needs to be thoroughly revised, with all offending passages excised.
7. 04-14-2010: The US national unfunded liability is now over a 100 trillion dollars–this is, of course, unsustainable. Following policy recommendations of the Cato Institute, the federal government budget should be cut by half. Therefore: drastically cut government spending, cut taxes, balance the budget at much lower levels. It’s ridiculous that government workers are paid more than workers in the private sector.
6. 04-14-2010: Drill, baby, drill–everywhere, off California’s shores, in Alaska….c’mon America, we don’t really need foreign oil.
5. 04-14-2010: We believe in laissez-faire capitalism, not state capitalism; therefore we seek an end to the grants and loans from the Department of Energy to various corporations, including General Electric. Just as we oppose individual welfare (at the coerced expense of others), we oppose corporate welfare. Alternative energy has to compete on its own merits, not be subsidized.
4. 04-14-2010: An excellent daily Blog is Atlas Shrugs, edited by Pamela Geller; please go to atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com.
3. 04-14-2010: The Health Care bill is, of course, un-Constitutional. Therefore we support the Attorneys-General of the various States in bringing action to nullify this bill.
2. 04-14-2010: Iran is, of course, a major threat to both the US and Israel. We support a naval blockade of Iran which will bring down its Islamo-Fascist regime. The US, NATO, and Israel should work together to prevent atomic weapons from getting into the hands of terrorists. Israel needs to have a working anti-missile defense system!
1. 04-14-2010: As Zionists, we generally support the ZOA and the Likud Party of Israel. Therefore we find it disgraceful that Obama bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia and snubbed the Prime Minister of Israel, B. Netanyahu.
Application of the Above Principles to Issues and Events of the Day (in Reverse Order of Dates)